Busy day...eating less

Options
MrsTomy
MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
So i pretty much didnt eat anything today...i didnt exercise (no time) and between class and running errands i havent had time to get hungry! I have almost 500 calories left and I have eaten all the peanut butter i can stand! Our pantry is pretty much bare (i was out of town all weeking and the man never buys groceries...i swear he would starve w/o me)...so I'm just going to bed! One day of not eating enough shouldn't mess anything up any more than one day of overeating, rihgt?

Replies

• MrsTomy
    Options
    So i pretty much didnt eat anything today...i didnt exercise (no time) and between class and running errands i havent had time to get hungry! I have almost 500 calories left and I have eaten all the peanut butter i can stand! Our pantry is pretty much bare (i was out of town all weeking and the man never buys groceries...i swear he would starve w/o me)...so I'm just going to bed! One day of not eating enough shouldn't mess anything up any more than one day of overeating, rihgt?
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I think you should be fine. Some days we go over to and I'm not going to force feed myself at night either. Try to plan your day ahead of time to keep your body fueled, but don't stress about each calorie.
  • MrsTomy
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    try to eat something otherwise your body thinks it is starving and starts to store fat. Although it looks like you do not need to worry. Good luck....
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    no, 1 day won't sabotage your diet. But I wouldn't make a habit of this, inconsistant eating regularly can screw up your body chemistry something fierce. The body likes to be "re-assured" that it will receive all the energy and nutrience it needs on a regular basis. Even if you eat a full, well rounded meal 3 or 4 days a week, doing so and eating well under for the other days will send your body in a tail spin. It's confirmed as one of the reasons people don't lose weight on a diet. U mass medical center did a fairly large study on this a few years back (I'll see if I can find the paper I found) with over 1000 people, and 78% of the people who were given inconsistant daily calorie intake (they dropped people from their maintenance calories to 1/2 maintenance for 3 days a week, in a 1 day regular, 1 day 1/2 pattern) gained 2 to 10 lbs. The rest maintained their weight except for I think it was 3 or 4% over a 3 month period. they also added something like 3% body fat on average.

fyi, they gave the other half a diet pill and told them to eat their maintenance calories (I think it was a generic form of hydroxicut or something like that) and 55% reported no weight loss at all and stomach problems or GI related issues.

Why they didn't give another group a regular calorie deficit of say 400 net calories or so I don't know. It didn't say.