60 pds to loose and needing motivation

Options
Hey guys!

I'm Justine and I'm really hoping to make a lot of motivating friends on here! I'd love it if I could find people who are new on here as well or just coming back into it and wanting to loose a good amount of weight.

I have about 60 pounds total to loose, with a short term goal of 30 pds by the end of October. I'm 25 and still a student working part time, so my schedule is tight but I'm determined to make a change and I hope you'll join me.

I've set up a video diary on Youtube that I will post via myfitnesspal so that people can get to know me better. I also hope that this will motivate me (and you!) to keep with a healthier lifestyle! My first video is up and is just an introduction. Link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15E10I5cvck

Please add me if you're ready to lose weight and want to do this with me. I really need help and motivation because it's going to be a long road. I promise to be as great a motivator to you as well.

Much love,

Justine

Replies

• kawaiirebu
    Options
    My short term goal is pretty much the same! I have a follow up appointment with the doctor who gave me my orders to lose weight and quit smoking and I'm determined to have done both by then.
    Im always looking for ways to stay motivated, so I guess just by adding you we can sort of be here and support each other in spirit if nothing else~
    Best of luck to you hun :D
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I started on Jan 31st and have lost 62 pounds.
  • prettyleaves
    prettyleaves Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here also and have approx the same amount overall of weight to lose! I like the idea of 30 lbs by Oct! What date shall we all agree on? Bring on #TeamMotivation ! :happy:
  • bregrig
    bregrig Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge! October 1st seems reasonable to me! We can do it!!
  • hill1angel
    hill1angel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    6 months left of 2014 and I need my MFP Team to get me to my goal that I made in January 2014!

What is that?

I want the following
    To weith 140lbs
    To have a BMI under 28
    I want to have that little "V" where my triceps should be
    I want to have that line that defines the quadriceps in my thighs
    It would be nice if my thighs were tight and do not do that jiggle thing!
    I want a flat stomach

I want to be able to cook terrific meals--- I just purchased a new pot and pan set last month

I want to use my Vitamix to make the ultimate lifestyle great smoothies to run home for after a nice work out

I want to buy a great bike that will motivate me to register for a triathalon

I want to take my beginning swim class and be able to swim 25 laps by the end of the year doing the front crawl, breast stroke and back thingy...I dont know what that is called yet.. I barely can go two strokes in the water without stopping and I am not in the deep end yet. NO I can not tread water yet either.

I want to be able to fit in my closet full of clothes that I keep looking at..

Most of all I want to be healthy!

Will you join me in the last 6 months of 2014?

Will you join my group????

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22404-2014l-the-last-6-months-propelled-to-excel
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! I'm down 50 since February and I was a total lump on a log. Just believe you can and don't give up. Literally the only thing different about this time I'm trying to lose weight and the other 2000000 times is that failure is not an option. Keep at it and you'll do it!
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, but I'm glad to see how you're so positive and are looking at the bright side. I've never been obese/overweight but from spending so much time here I can tell you getting down to 200 should be very easy and doable in a couple of months at your weight. Good luck

I also just sent you a FR!
  • prettyleaves
    prettyleaves Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

How is my #TeamMotivation ? Very pleased to say I've (finally) lost 5lbs! So I'm off the mark....yay! Only another 50 to go! Have a lovely day :)