Nausea screwing up my net calories

feoa
feoa Posts: 4 Member
Does anyone one else suffer from nausea on a regular basis? I get it as a side affect of my prescription for an unrelated medical issue.
On the days I have nausea I usually manage breakfast and then spend the rest of the day trying (sometimes failing) to keep it down. I have Anti-emetic drugs and have also tried the home remedies like ginger tea. at best they stop me vomiting after one meal but i can't get anything else down that day without throwing up.
This is happening 2-3 times a week. On those days my calorie intake is far to low - between 300-500. I worried about it affecting my weight loss by sending my body into starvation mode or something. It also just plain can't be good for me to not be get the nutrition by body needs.
I guess I posting to see how others cope with the same problem and how it affects them.

Replies

• myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Weed, mostly. Oh for you?

Ginger / Ginger-Ale is a "natural" treatment.
  • feoa
    feoa Posts: 4 Member
    I have considered weed despite being located in the UK. Unfortunately it would interact with my meds :P
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Would it be helpful to aim for a weekly calorie goal, rather than daily? That way you would eat over the daily goal when you feel good and get your essential macros in. Don' t know for sure, but it could help.