Exercise Tips and Dieting

Options
So I am new to this community and I've been working to change my general physique before i enter college. I am 18 years old 5 7 and i weigh 154 points. I am out of the overweight zone and I'm working to get big over the summer. I workout 5 days a week doing 30 minutes of Elliptical burning more and more calories each day. I started out burning 380 calories per 30 minutes using the elliptical machine but now i reached to 410 calories in 30 minutes. After my workout, is whey protein beneficial? I found a intriguing whey protein recipe which is 1/4 cup of uncooked oatmeal for carbs, peanut butter for some extra protein, honey, whey protein (chocolate), banana, and ice. Is this beneficial for gaining muscle or losing weight? Can i bulk up with my current body weight or should i wait till i lose a couple pounds? I can't even properly count calories because my family is Indian and Indian food is not as accurate on any food organizers. I also lift dumbells, bicep curls, tricep curls, and shoulder presses.

Last but not least. can you guys recommend some healthy fat burning meals throughout the day that I can make quickly and efficiently as well as fast food meals that are healthy?

Thanks

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    there's no such thing as a fat burning meal - that's an invention of the media and companies that sell such meals. eat complex carbs and lots of protein and some fats, and if you eat the right amount, you'll develop muscle without gaining fat.

peanut butter has a little protein, which isn't particularly bio-available, but it also has plenty of fat. egg protein is a complete protein and very bio-available, and soy and whey proteins are good, too. egg whites or whole eggs have lots of protein, lean meats if you eat meats (i don't) and low fat dairy protects like non-fat greek yogurt or reduced fat cheese can be good protein sources. bananas have lots of sugar and potassium, and if you like them they're tasty, but not the ultimate weight losing or muscle building food. oats are a very good complex carb. avocado is my personal favorite fat source.

one of my fastest meals is a slice of low fat, low sodium bread with light cheese or a non-fat greek yogurt and some tortilla chips. fast, easy, the amount of each you would eat would differ from the amount i eat, of course. i also make oats with non-fat milk and sweeten with stevia, which is calorie free, measure the oats into servings, put them in the fridge and eat them cold.