what do i do??!

Options
so i have about 760 cals left for the day and i still havent eaten dinner which wont be a lot since we are having chicken and veggies but my problem is that i am going to the gym and i usually burn about 500 - 800 cal when i work out. so minus dinner ill probably have about 800 cals or even more . what do i do :( i dont like being under my that much but i also dont want to eat late at night. and i dont do it a lot but there are probably like 3 days out of the week that my calorie intake is like this

helppp me! thanks in advance!

Replies

• YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Be under, but I suggest eating after your workout. It is the most important meal of the day.
  • PocketNaomi
    Options
    I'd say eat something with protein in it right after your workout --it doesn't have to be big, or make up for all the calories you're under; being under for one day is all right. But having something with a bit of carbs and a bit of protein to help your body bounce back from the workout is probably well worth your while, whether it actually adds you up to your target calories on the day or falls short of them, it's something.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm with YealLift. Try to find something high in protein and eat it after the workout. It will help you. Staying under isn't a big thing, if you don't feel hungry. Just listen to your body before you listen to anybody else. =^_^=
  • tanias11
    Options
    I'm with YealLift. Try to find something high in protein and eat it after the workout. It will help you. Staying under isn't a big thing, if you don't feel hungry. Just listen to your body before you listen to anybody else. =^_^=

your right i shouldnt worry this much, thanks!
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    Watch the sugar content, but I would probably go with a peanut butter and jelly (or preserves) sandwich (or even a half sandwich) on whole wheat bread and a glass of milk.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Wish I EVER had this problem! My problem is never having enough calories!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    so you will probably be about 300 under? That's not bad. I always account about 100-200 margin of error in my measuring and bites here and there that i forget. Plus, are you ever over? Consistently under will mess with your system - a variation of under, at, above, or even lightly under and at shouldn't screw with you. And if you are paying attn to your body, you will notice if you are not getting enough.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    It's the only time I drink my calories...try chocolate almond milk, or apple juice...or if you use protein drinks...up the calories in protein drinks by adding peanut butter or milk...snack on avacado and triscuits (that's the advice someone gave me)