"Is it even worth it ?"

Options
Question for you lovely peeps (that includes nerdfighters, bananas, bros, muggles, witches, wizards, mudbloods, squibs...)

When you have to drive 20 minutes UP HILL to get to a lake, do you think it's still worth it to run / bike the perimeter around the lake, when you feel like you spent so much energy driving the 20 minutes up to the lake (ears popping and all). Also having a slight anxiety episode (ie omg omg omg omg -heart pounding- omg omg omg) while in the car takes a lot out of you as well.

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "worth it"?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed that driving up a hill was that much work.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Question for you lovely peeps (that includes nerdfighters, bananas, bros, muggles, witches, wizards, mudbloods, squibs...)

When you have to drive 20 minutes UP HILL to get to a lake, do you think it's still worth it to run / bike the perimeter around the lake, when you feel like you spent so much energy driving the 20 minutes up to the lake (ears popping and all). Also having a slight anxiety episode (ie omg omg omg omg -heart pounding- omg omg omg) while in the car takes a lot out of you as well.

Umm...you are in a car driving. Despite the slight anxiety...it doesn't compare to actually biking/running because your body didn't get "exercise" while you were mentally exhausting yourself with an anxiety attack.

So is exercise worth it. Absolutely. Especially because maybe it might help with some anxiety issues, aside from health/fitness ones.
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Just bike up the hill and then coast back down. Forget going the perimeter.
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You're not pushing the car, are you? If so, I think you're good... if not, run.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's absolutely worth it.
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This nerdfighter/muggle loves herself some running around lakes.

But if you're an anxious driver, maybe have someone else take the wheel?

Or just take a Tardis. Or Apparate there. Have Gandalf send a giant bird to carry you? So many options!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    :huh:

So you wore yourself out driving to the place where you were going to take a run/ride?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed that driving up a hill was that much work.

+1

Doesn't the car, like...do the work for you? What am I missing, here?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    are you speaking to the point of the time to get to a place to then exercise? I get that…. i think that is why runners love what they do..they just go our their front door…do thier run…less time..great result.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question? I just spent 20 minutes sitting on my *kitten* in the car getting myself worked up. Is it worth.it to get out of the car and exercise since that's what I just drove 20 minutes to do...seriously?
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    jon-stewart-huh.gif

I... I hope I'm missing something here. You do realize that driving in the car isn't exercise, right?
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    If driving up hill (ears popping), close to the edge of a cliff is not worth the panic attacks you get for a chance a a nice senic route. Stay in your neighborhood and run there.

Its all about perception.

I would have loved the chance to go somewhere else to exercise outdoors.

Just one ole man's opinion.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I thought OP meant is it worth it to drive to walk/bike around the lake.

I am lazy so often prefer to just walk around the neighborhood. Sometimes I will drive for maybe 5 minutes to get to another place I like to walk. But no, I wouldn't spend 40 minutes driving to walk somewhere unless that's the only place I will actually walk.

If you really enjoy the scenery or will not walk/bike unless you go to the lake, then yes, yes it's worth it.
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is why i workout at home
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    jon-stewart-huh.gif

I... I hope I'm missing something here. You do realize that driving in the car isn't exercise, right?

ME, too..

Jon-stewart-worry.gif
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It's only worth it if you are in a car you just washed.. I think
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    It is worth it, however; if you find the drive to be too much to handle, then find a different place to run/bike that is closer and not so far up a hill. This whole thing (in my opinion) is about finding a way to change you life for the long term, and the only way to do that is by finding ways to exercise that are doable for the long term.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    When you have to drive 20 minutes UP HILL to get to a lake, do you think it's still worth it to run / bike the perimeter around the lake

Yes.

Even better would be if you cycled up before hand.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If being at the lake is more likely to motivate you to stick to your fitness regime then yes, it is worth it.