Lose weight on 1,680 cal. a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    No in fact I am very sedentary and always have been, even as a child. I am not a doctor or a scientist, but I have a theory: that stress and worry burns calories. I worry 24/7 about money. That could explain why, when not dieting, I only gain two pounds a month consuming close to 4000 calories/day, on average. I have another theory: I don't diet longer than a few weeks, during which time I stay on 700 calories/day. My metabolism doesn't get enough time to adjust to reduced caloric intake. I suspect that long slow dieting can impair metabolism. Before menopause, my ideal weight was 135 instead of 112. I know this sounds impossible but absolutely true: in 1992, I had a temporary secretarial job where I had to walk several miles each way to work and back. I was also on a crash diet at the time. I LOST 22 POUNDS IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. Probably 7 pounds of that was water weight, but still, according to the Internet, I'd need to be "walking in Memphis"-- from Nashville-- to lose 4 pounds by walking.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    No in fact I am very sedentary and always have been, even as a child. I am not a doctor or a scientist, but I have a theory: that stress and worry burns calories. I worry 24/7 about money. That could explain why, when not dieting, I only gain two pounds a month consuming close to 4000 calories/day, on average. I have another theory: I don't diet longer than a few weeks, during which time I stay on 700 calories/day. My metabolism doesn't get enough time to adjust to reduced caloric intake. I suspect that long slow dieting can impair metabolism. Before menopause, my ideal weight was 135 instead of 112. I know this sounds impossible but absolutely true: in 1992, I had a temporary secretarial job where I had to walk several miles each way to work and back. I was also on a crash diet at the time. I LOST 22 POUNDS IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. Probably 7 pounds of that was water weight, but still, according to the Internet, I'd need to be "walking in Memphis"-- from Nashville-- to lose 4 pounds by walking.

Stress and worry doesn't burn calories. If that were true I would only be 100 pounds! This needs to be a lifestyle change and not a "diet" you go on and off. Staying under 700 calories a day isn't healthy, even if it's just a few weeks!!!
  • Lara124911
    Lara124911 Posts: 23
    Options
    I was over weight and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost 18 pounds in one month without much exercise and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrased to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at secretosdelara@gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day