Can MFP be set to "calorie cycling"?

Options
KM0692
KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
I don't think so, but thought I'd ask. Is there any way to set daily calories to a certain number for each day? For example, 1400 on Monday, 1600 on Tuesday, etc, so that it all averages out to say, 1500 a day by the end of the week? Hope this makes sense!

Replies

• Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    Just eat and log. Some days will be red, some green. At the end of the week it will average out. I don't think you can set MFP to "cycle"
    Or, just set your calories to your highest cycle day and then stay below that by however many calories on your low calorie days?
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You'd have to reset your goal daily.

My Home > Goals > Change goals > Custom
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Another option is to set your goal to what it would be on the lowest-calorie day, then at the start of each week use the manual add exercise tools to create a new exercise, call it "calorie cycle" or something then manually set the calories to make up the goal on your high cal days. So for example you can set your goal to 1200, then add 300 or 500 "exercise" cals on particular days. :)
  • kindaouttaluck
    kindaouttaluck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you use the app on your phone, you can see your weekly total and whether you were under or over your total goal calories for the week.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I did not see this feature. Good to see someone else is choosing calorie cycles. Hint It is a way to do body recomposition if that is what you are after. Why eat the same amount of calories a day when you do not burn the same amount of calories a day?
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Another option is to set your goal to what it would be on the lowest-calorie day, then at the start of each week use the manual add exercise tools to create a new exercise, call it "calorie cycle" or something then manually set the calories to make up the goal on your high cal days. So for example you can set your goal to 1200, then add 300 or 500 "exercise" cals on particular days. :)
    This is a great idea.
    If you use the app on your phone, you can see your weekly total and whether you were under or over your total goal calories for the week.
    This is what I have done, and it works well for me. I set it to renew on Mondays - the default is a revolving 7 days.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Just eat and log. Some days will be red, some green. At the end of the week it will average out. I don't think you can set MFP to "cycle"
    Or, just set your calories to your highest cycle day and then stay below that by however many calories on your low calorie days?

I was going to say this...
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I just edit the goals on the days I want to eat a different amount. Usually I leave it the same about 6 days a week and once a week I edit it for my high carb / calorie day.