Date question

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 22 in Recipes
I bought a huge box of dates from the store, and all though I could eat the whole box as is, I want to use them in a recipe or two. Does anyone have a good, healthy, low calories recipe for date bars, date balls, ect?

Replies

• A friend of mine makes these snacks with dates that are pretty tasty and vegan friendly.

Cut a date in half. Press half a pecan into the center. Sprinkle a little coconut and a tiny pinch of sea salt on top.

Enjoy! They're almost like candies.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    My mom makes date filled cookies. I am not too sure how healthy they are though. The recipe is at home. I will try to post it tonight.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Love them with goat cheese stuffed in them - wonder if Laughing Cow Light would be good...hmmmm They would also be great in your thanksgiving stuffing or dressing.
  • A friend of mine makes these snacks with dates that are pretty tasty and vegan friendly.

Cut a date in half. Press half a pecan into the center. Sprinkle a little coconut and a tiny pinch of sea salt on top.

Enjoy! They're almost like candies.

Holy COW!!!!! I just happened to have all of these ingredients in the pantry so i made one really quick!!! They are FABULOUS!!!!!! The tiny bit of sea salt just makes them pop! AWESOME, Thanks.
  • Oh, hey, Amber! I didn't see your reply earlier. Glad to hear you like them! I created a recipe on here to track the nutritional information. It's called "Vegan Date Snacks". Two prepared pieces = 1 serving. Just be careful. It's easy to go overboard on these. Trust me... I have. haha! :-)
This discussion has been closed.