Couldn't run 5k...discouraged

So today I ran the color run. I have been working out for 2 years now, and I have started insanity a week ago. I thought I was in pretty good shape, until today I got discouraged because half way through the color run I hadda stop and walk it for a few minutes, then start jogging and walking on and off. I didn't eat a big breakfast I only had a granola bar, and I ate bad the night before. Also, I only got 5 hours of sleep for the past two nights so I was exhausted. I feel like I am making up excuses though an should have been able to run it anyway. My family kept making comments like "I thought u worked out all the time!" I just feel like all my working out has gone to waste. :( I need motivation!!!

Replies

• Do you run? It doesn't sound like you do. You have to train for the race you are tackling. You wouldn't work out on weights all the time then try to compete in a long swim, would you? They don't translate.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    To train to run...you gotta run. You can be able to lift 5 times your weight & have a banging body, but still not be able to run down the block without coughing up a lung.

Try using C25K & sign up for another 5K race 8 weeks from now to give you a goal.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Agreed! You have to train to run! I can run a 5k, but other workouts will kick my behind! Be proud that you finished, that's what really matters :)