starting 30 day shred tonight...... anyone else????

Options
2»

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 day shred today.... and am excited! To be fair, I will do a weigh in and measurements prior and then very likely at each week. I watched the first video and it looked a lot like the bootcamp class at my gym that I loved but can no longer attend because of school. As a side note, are you counting the calories as circuit training? I don't have a heart rate monitor but best guess would be 250-300 cals as 40 min at the gym was about 530. Will keep you posted!

I count as circuit training; MFP says 243 cals are burned but my HRM only says 150 so I count it as that (I'm 5'8, 138 lbs). That I find is one of the biggest flaws of 30-ds is that you simply don't burn enough calories. I supplement my shred with 35 minute walks at lunch, fast pace so thats another 150 cals burned as well.

I’m on to level 2 now and everyone says it’s the hardest level but I find it’s more unnatural and odd than hard. I don’t have to do low impact on anything (and in level one I do pushups on my knees, my only modified move). The plank jumping jacks are tough which is great but that move like others i.e. the very first move, bend to your toes crawl out pushup and back is just an unnatural movement, is just awkward. I feel it’s not working my body as efficiently as level 1 did.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    I am in - I am on day 3 of Level 1. It is already starting to get easier - and I found out that I can do about 5 pushups w/out the modification! Whoo-hoo!
  • yourmamasaidwha
    Options
    i am in...i keep starting the 30 day shred, ugh! right?! lol...anyhow, i've made it through before and loved it, but i definitely need to get back on track w/it...

i'm in iowa as well!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I really want to try this! I have 27 days before I have my baby, so I wont get through the whole thing, but I can probably get a good start on it. I own it but it's packed up in storage. :( Do they have it on OnDemand?? Otherwise I guess a trip to Target is in store for me today.
  • blackrose123
    Options
    hi everybody :) im o L1D6 already see some changes on my body..i'm doing it twice a day for last two days and i will try to continue like that :) first day was the worst omg !! :D but i managed it... i never exercised in my life but this video i actually like... u all hang in there we can do this ;)
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    WOW
    thanks so much for everyone joining in on this!!!
    Today is day 3 for me!!! so far so good, I am loving it!!! day 2 seemed alil easier then day 1.............
    so we will see!!!! =)