Belly fat !!!

Options
2»

Replies

• 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    ive had a few people tell me that when you are trying to get rid of fat, not to do weights, but i disagree. i do circuit training and cardio and although the weightloss has been a slow going process, i have seen a big loss in inches, especially in the belly. i would say to start w your biggest muscle groups first, as they are the ones that will give you a boost in your metabolic rate all day long, which will in turn burn more fat all over.

Who on earth said that! LOL the best way to lose fa is to build muscle. The more muscle you have the more fat and calories your body uses to maintain it. So you turn your body into a fat burning machine! I do resistance training at least 3 times a week and cardio 5-6 times and I see really good consistent results.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    The variety of responses is great. I've done quite a few different things and feel like what impacts my stomach area the most/best/quickest is zumba! Like above posters said, it involves a lot of tummy flattening and hip twisting - plus, your heart rate is up at the same time. I feel like it requires a similar flattening of the stomach as pilates, yet it has a cardio element.

Pilates is SUPPOSED to be really effective as well, but I have yet to keep focus with the routine long enough to see results in my stomach. I do notice quick results in my legs, however, when doing Pilates. Hmmm.

Good luck and have fun!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much. I know that i am consuming too much sodium and alcohol. I have decided to cut out alcohol all together it just doesnt fit in with my life goals right now. I just quit smoking so drinking tempts me to smoke.. not good. I tried runing intervals last night..note to self make sure to warm uo at least 5-10 minutes beforer starting that or else it will be painful

Your right, diet is were its at.
  • kmahly
    kmahly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The best cardio activity is anything that gets your heartrate going, for a prolonged period of time. Simple as that!

^
    |

This.

And I would also add by saying make it something you enjoy (or at least can tolerate), something that doesn't aggravate any previous issues, and is something you know you could maintain for the duration of the workout session. :)