Random RANT!!!!

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Am i the only one who walks into their 10yr old son's room and begins to feel nauseous? OMG!!!!! WHY WHY WHY are they soooooooooo GROSS??????????????????????? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He refuses to clean his room correctly. When I do get him to clean it, it is more just spreading the mess around than real cleaning. I get so frustrated with him that I end up cleaning it myself, which teaches him nothing and it becomes a total distaster again within one day. Me and my husband have even tried taking everything away from him to the point where all he had in his room was his bed and a blanket and he still managed to find some way to mess it up!!! It's like his world is not complete unless everything in it is sticky, or slimy, or smells like @$$!!!!!

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Am i the only one who walks into their 10yr old son's room and begins to feel nauseous? OMG!!!!! WHY WHY WHY are they soooooooooo GROSS??????????????????????? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He refuses to clean his room correctly. When I do get him to clean it, it is more just spreading the mess around than real cleaning. I get so frustrated with him that I end up cleaning it myself, which teaches him nothing and it becomes a total distaster again within one day. Me and my husband have even tried taking everything away from him to the point where all he had in his room was his bed and a blanket and he still managed to find some way to mess it up!!! It's like his world is not complete unless everything in it is sticky, or slimy, or smells like @$$!!!!!
    His plan is working perfectly. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    geez i have an 8 year old, and i opened the door to the basement yesterday to do a load of laundry, and a waft of fart smell came at me...i think it's in their genes to be as gross as possible...that and i'm not use to boys, i have two sisters lol
  • I no its not help but as a former 10 year old boy most young boys are like that he should grow out of it
  • What about a 13 year old girl?! Pig Sty for a room!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    typical boy thing. remember dennis the mennis...lol
  • My daughters 10..Her room normally looks like a hurricane hit it! This is what I do when its time to clean..I make one big pile of crap! Yes I go from corner to corner under the bed an make one giant pile...then we pick through make pikes for clothes, books, stuffed animals etc...I fill trash as I go and tell her where to put everything...Usually I leave a small pile, leave the room and tell her she has x amount of minutes and what ever she doesn't pick up and put away I can only assume is trash...when times up I fill the trash bag (Ok I do save things from time to time)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I've got a 9 year old son whose room looks like a possible science experiment. So you are not alone.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    My daughter is 11 and her room smells like *kitten* and is a pig pit. Every Thursday after school or Sunday I stand over her and she cleans it. It is slow and painful but I'm not touching it. Also, they both (11 & 9) fold their OWN laundry now CORRECTLY as I stand by them and make them refold if they halfa$$ it. I was tired of doing it and them apparently going up and throwing them up in the air to land where they may.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    This post is hilarious, if not painful. I always thought the boys were supposed to be the slobs not the girls. If I did that stuff when I was little, my mom would have spanked me until I couldn't walk straight.*LOL*

That being said, my coffee table is a disaster, but the rest of the house is relatively clean.:-D

Shannon
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    See my daughter's is a mess, but it's kind of my fault. My room had to be PERFECT. My dad was a drill sergeant and he'd come through my room with the white glove and check everything, bounce the quarter off the bed and if it didn't bounce right he'd rip the sheets off, yell at me to do it right, and then I'd have to start all over. My mother is a huge HUGE clean freak. So I didn't want to pass that on.

Probably why when I got married I finally decided it was NOT important to clean the entire house every other day and if things pile on a table, the world will not end.

Maybe my approach of asking nicely is not the right one. She does clean some...just has a habit of pilling everything on her dresser or at the foot of her bed. Just didn't want to inflict that on my kids.

My big rant with her is her homework. She keeps leaving it in school, or forgets to do it.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    I let my girls have a lot of leeway with their rooms. It was their only private space. As long as nothing crawled out under the door, I didn't cause them too much pain. Maybe girls are cleanlier than boys, but I don't see a problem in my home. They seem to have taken ownership of their space.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    My brothers room always had a terrible smell growing up. We lived in the same house, ate the same food, had the same rules yet for some reason no matter how ''clean'' his room was, it still smelled like death. :sick:

I have 2 boys, a 5 year old & a 4 year old who are learning VERY early that is not how we keep rooms in our house. It doens't have to be spotless but I don't wnat to have to shut the door every time company comes over. They are old enough to remember what toys go where and they are also old enough to understand consequence if they don't put their toys back where they belong. They don't fold their clothes yet but I do make them put them away in the right dresser & the right drawer.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    OMG, I have a 9 year old girl. She is a mess. I call her 'stop and drop' (just like my mom called me.) Her room is shared with her baby sister but, there is permanently dirty clothes on teh floor and for a kid whos howers daily, she shure can stink some things up. Ug.
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Actually my daughter was worse than my sons, I remember walking thru her room out of necessity cos I never usually went in there and my feet stuck to chewing gum splodged across her lino flooring (best not to have carpets in these situations :smile: ). Yup they do grow out of it, ours did once they were off to Uni & had to look after themselves. Nowadays daughter is something of a clean-freak :o)) With the boys, yeh they were moderately messy, but it was more a case THE SMELLS! I don't know adolescent boys whiff so much more than girls, it can really knock you back at times. Especially the socks, they would stand up and walk themselves into the washing machine they were so high. Ah I miss 'em tho! :heart: :happy:
This discussion has been closed.