No More Excuses -- Week 53

Options
GREAT week, best I can tell, everyone lost weight or broke even.

Amanda and Diva win biggest loser honors and get to make up a challenge for the group.

Amanda and Tammy, welcome back to the 150s!!!!

As for my experiment. I ate out twice when I really had no idea of how many calories I ate. I approximated.10,400 net calories for the week, and my target calorie count for a 2 pound weight loss was 9,170 calories. I was about a third of a pound over in net calories, so science says I should have lost 1.66 pounds this week, I ended up losing only 1 pound, but I would have probably lost more if all my salty meals hadn't happened over the weekend, and I likely underestimated how really bad for me that Japanese steakhouse meal was.

MFP-54.jpg

So for anyone who wants to join...........1st off Welcome!!!!!!!

During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's Sunday weigh in. All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, and why you are wanting to lose wight, many of us have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I wish I lost. Better luck this week. Thanks Jack. I have 2 parties this weekend - tis the season
    smwert
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Tuesday...Congrats to everybody for doing a great job and staying at it. I sat down last night to watch TV (which I hardly ever do) and instantly the snacking started. I lost count of everything I ate. I finally just went to bed so I'd quit shoveling! TV is just not a good thing for me. I do much better if I have to type at night, that way my hands are busy. This is the last week of boot camp and then we will start Insanity videos for the month of December. They look terribly hard. Hope I can do at least some of it. I am considering ordering the P90X series so I can have it here for my off days. I really love it. That guy is crazy but he keeps you motivated. Everybody have a great day.

Jack...Thanks for the chart! I won't be in the 150's long if I don't stay out of this candy!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Check Craigslist or ebay for used P90x DVDs. You can save a few bucks doing it that way.
  • ClaryPR
    Options
    Waoo, THANKS for the chart, really motivates you to keep breaking record ...

Take Care Everyone
  • tigermom79
    Options
    HI ALL!!!! I have been bad bad about checking in and see I've even been booted off the chart because I haven't reported in!!!! Can I get back on ? PLEASE!!!! It has been crazy.

I am getting myself pumped back into the losing scheme of things. I have logged my food for the past 2 days and have been under calories. YEAY!!!! I am in the middle of moving my office this week. The big move is Saturday so we are nuts but I am trying really hard to be smart about what goes in my mouth!

I had to sign a challenge commitment at CURVES tonight to be smart and not gain weight during the holiday season. We weigh in each week and have to maintain. I am determined to NOT maintain but to loose during the holiday season! I know I'm nuts but I am determined!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
    Ann
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack.

Congrats to all the losers this week. I maintained which is good for me since I have been somewhat bad at watching everything I eat.

I hope everyone has a great active week.

Hawkeye
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    After the big storm on Monday night we finally have power and internet back on. I didn't really miss either to be truthfully. This week I am sure my weight will be up because I had no way to cook except the top of the wood stove and with very little water, I drank too much pop but onward and forward. :smile:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    HI ALL!!!! I have been bad bad about checking in and see I've even been booted off the chart because I haven't reported in!!!! Can I get back on ? PLEASE!!!! It has been crazy.

I am getting myself pumped back into the losing scheme of things. I have logged my food for the past 2 days and have been under calories. YEAY!!!! I am in the middle of moving my office this week. The big move is Saturday so we are nuts but I am trying really hard to be smart about what goes in my mouth!

I had to sign a challenge commitment at CURVES tonight to be smart and not gain weight during the holiday season. We weigh in each week and have to maintain. I am determined to NOT maintain but to loose during the holiday season! I know I'm nuts but I am determined!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
    Ann

Hi Ann!
  • justjack51
    Options
    Good and Bad today.

I did not eat very well today. Over on about every category, but on the bright side, I did finally run 3.1 miles again for the 1st time in about a month and a half. Tomorrow will be a better day.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good and Bad today.

I did not eat very well today. Over on about every category, but on the bright side, I did finally run 3.1 miles again for the 1st time in about a month and a half. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Congrats on your run:smile: I have totally quit jogging and I think maybe I miss it...just maybe??
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD BAD week, I am sure I have gained at least two pounds, BAD WEEK!!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD BAD week, I am sure I have gained at least two pounds, BAD WEEK!!!!

Next week will be better Amanda. Hang in there!!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Took a break for a few week, but now I am back at it. Not going so serious, was to stressful. Going to go do Bob's boot camp, I think just level 1. Had a good week.

Looks like everyone is doing great, keep it up. I will try to remember to check back in here more often, but with using SP I sometimes forget about myfitnesspal. sorry.
  • ClaryPR
    Options
    hello everyone

im very happyyyyyy because i lost my firts 10 pounds wooohooo . I have left to lose 40 pounds.

04/11 = 204
    07/11 = 198
    14/11 = 196.6
    21/11 = 194**** =D
  • tamelab
    Options
    hello everyone

im very happyyyyyy because i lost my firts 10 pounds wooohooo . I have left to lose 40 pounds.

04/11 = 204
    07/11 = 198
    14/11 = 196.6
    21/11 = 194**** =D

Fantastic job! Keep up the good work:smile:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Monday:smile: I did the Insanity video at 5:00 a.m. today at the church. I will do it tomorrow and Wednesday at 5:00 a.m. as well. Today we just did our fitness test, which we will repeat at the end of the next 12 week boot camp. It officially starts again in January and goes through the middle of March. We are now doing "pre-insanity training." That is definitely a good name for this exercise series :laugh: I hope to do the Turkey Trot 5 mile walk/run on Thanksgiving morning. The ladies from my group are participating. Then we will have a big Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday. I will start putting up Christmas decorations on Friday. I decorate a themed tree for each room. A trip to Charleston on Sunday to see the Christmas lights will finish up our holiday week. I'll check in when I can. Hope you all have a great week
  • justjack51
    Options
    Send me those weight-ins everybody!!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Finally got a new scale... weighing in at 231.6... which is up a little but its ok... it's not the 10 lbs that my old scale said I gained... i just want to be out of the 230s :(
  • ClaryPR
    Options
    hello everyone

04/11 = 204
    07/11 = 198
    14/11 = 196.6
    21/11 = 194**** =D

Fantastic job! Keep up the good work:smile:

Thanxxx !!!!