How do I choose the right activity level?

Options
MrsTomy
MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
I just got a job as a nurse extern!:happy: My current activity leven on MFP is sedentary (i'm a student...i study and sleep). I will be working 3 12 hour shifts a week. Durring those shifts I am on my feet at least 10 of the 12 hours and I am moving constantly...so on those days I have an "active" activity level. I dont want to change my settings to active since the other 4 days i am fairly sedentary and dont need the extra cals...how can i give myself the cals i need on those busy days without giving myself too many the other days? :huh:

Help!

Replies

• MrsTomy
    Options
    I just got a job as a nurse extern!:happy: My current activity leven on MFP is sedentary (i'm a student...i study and sleep). I will be working 3 12 hour shifts a week. Durring those shifts I am on my feet at least 10 of the 12 hours and I am moving constantly...so on those days I have an "active" activity level. I dont want to change my settings to active since the other 4 days i am fairly sedentary and dont need the extra cals...how can i give myself the cals i need on those busy days without giving myself too many the other days? :huh:

Help!
  • readytomove
    readytomove Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm a nurse, working 1-12 hr and 2-14 hour days.....I have mine set at a higher activity level, because I am pretty active on my days off, too, but to balance it out so that I can have more on the days that I work, I log 2-4 hours of "cleaning, light" because I figure it balances out, since doing both I am on my feet and moving around, and then you get your exercise calories.

Don't know if that will help, but it's what I do.....:happy:
  • MrsTomy
    Options
    Thats a good idea. Maybe i'll keep is sedentary then add in some cleaning hours. Thanks!:drinker:
  • MrsTomy
    Options
    how many hours of "cleaning light" would equal a 12 hour shift. I calculated 6 hours and that would DOUBLE my cals for the day...that seems llike too much...