IF and low carb together

Options
I have done low carb in the past and had the most luck. I've maintained that 40 pound loss without issue. I'm buckling back down. I'm considering combining a 16:8/18:6/20:4 IF regimen with low carb (50/60 grams carb). Has anyone had experience with this? Any suggestions or warnings?

Replies

• Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing the responses too! That is where I'm headed, already doing the fast 5:2 but looking to drastically lower my carbs. They have been causing major issues for me!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you find the IF style of eating works for you, and you find low carb sutainable, then go for it.

as long as you have your calories set right the rest is preference.

That being said, i have read that women are better off doing 14:10 IF on account of all our fantastic hormones!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I have done low carb in the past and had the most luck. I've maintained that 40 pound loss without issue. I'm buckling back down. I'm considering combining a 16:8/18:6/20:4 IF regimen with low carb (50/60 grams carb). Has anyone had experience with this? Any suggestions or warnings?

I dip in and out of IF, I also eat low carb. IMO and experience its easier to do IF on a low carb diet, due to not experiencing the lack of energy, not having carbs give you on an IF day (when you are used to eating high / moderate carbs).