Options
2»

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    need to start measuring out my food I know =(
    It's very depressing to do that.

Also, I didnt know the differenace between the two but am reading up as we speak. Thank you for everyones help.

What's more depressing: weighing your food or not losing weight?

My takeaway from your diary: you're eating too much since you're over on your calories almost everyday. And if you aren't weighing your food, you are quite possibly even higher on your calories than you have recorded.

Also, if you are doing the MFP method of eat, exercise, eat your exercise calories, don't eat them all. MFP overestimates calories burned for most people, so if you're eating all of them back you are probably overeating there as well.

Edited: When logging, make sure you choose accurate foods to log. I noticed on some of your diary entries that your food isn't 100% accurate. For example, today you had maple and brown sugar oatmeal, but the food you logged shows 0g of sugar. Accurate logging calories and nutrients will pay off in the long run.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I havent been logging the exercise, because then I see where I get more calories...therefore I think "Oh I'll just have a snack Im still under goal".
    I work out 3-4x a week. At least 30 min cardio and 45 min weights.

I think 500 is too high for what you are doing. Don't go by what the cardio machines say, they way over estimate. Try eating back 50% of what you think you are burning. And log very consistently. And yes, you need to start weighing your food. :smile:

Also, focus on hitting your protein goals. Honestly, I would increase your protein goal. I am 124 lbs and aim to get at least 100 grams a day. It is especially important when you are in a calorie deficit and exercising, so you will maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss. You won't gain muscle while in a deficit, but you will get stronger and keep what you have.
  • clawson1962
    Options
    Im new to this post stuff but I just wanted to tell you to hang in there. It is very frustrating to keep watching what you eat and not lose the weight. I also sit at my desk all day but I dont exercise. That is my downfall and I know I need to in order to lose weight. It is sooo hot heree in OK that just walking to get i yoru car at the end of the day makes me tired.