Need Pizza?? Try these!

marniehodges
marniehodges Posts: 264
edited September 22 in Recipes
For those of you that need a pizza fix, and Lord knows must of us do, try this pizze recipe. It's a great alternative to that 1 slice of thin crust pepperoni from Pizza Hut I had last week that was 280 calories! and left me feeling so unsatisfied. :frown:

Mission Carb Balance Wheat Fajita size tortilla (for crust)
Ragu pizza sauce (or sauce of your choice)
Kraft 2% shredded mozzarella
Hormel turkey pepperoni
Green & Red Peppers cut into skinny strips
Onion cut into skinny strips
Pam cooking spray

Spread sauce onto flour tortilla
Sprinkle cheese and layer additional toppings then sprinkle a bit more cheese over toppings (will hold in place better)

Spray cookie sheet with Pam cooking spray to avoid sticking

Bake in 375 degree oven for about 18 minutes

Now obviously you can put any toppings on that you want, so your calorie count will vary depending on what you use. But that's what you have your food diaries for. :laugh: Veges are free rein so load em up! Made as above, like I made, each pizza is around 200 calories (I had 2 and was sooooo stuffed). Beats the heck out of traditional pizza if you are trying to get healthy. I even made these for my 22 year old daughter, who is a pizza eating fiend, and she was very skeptical (especially of the turkey pepperoni) and she looooved them!

Enjoy! :bigsmile:
~Marnie

Replies

• GREAT post! I used to make pizzas like this and they were very good, and the tortilla gives you some good crunch!
    Thanks for reminding me about this, looking froward to making them again this weekend. I'm thinking cheese, bell pepper, jalapeno!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    That sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing! I am a pizza addict. I never realized how much I love pizza until I began this weight loss journey. Thank you!
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    That sounds good and easy! Perfect!
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    If you use a loaf of pita you can cut out the fat from the tortillas. Plus you have a thicker crust. :D
  • Thanks for the recipe. Im going to add it to my list. Sound great.
This discussion has been closed.