P90X3 - TDEE calculation

Options
DrJenO
DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
I'm getting kind of tired trying to calculate exercise calories, and since I'm going to start P90X3 tomorrow (!), I've been thinking about switching to the TDEE -20% method.

I know the answer could be as simple as "try both ways and see", but I wanted to check with the group: would you consider P90X3 to be moderate or heavy exercise? Different TDEE calculators give me a range of 2400-2700, but the difference is whether you go by number of days per week (6) or hours per week (the way Scooby's is calculated). I might be adding 30-45 min of brisk walking on the 7th "rest" day, or I might just take that day off.

Thoughts?

Replies

• baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have finished week 5 today. Most if the workouts are 120-275 calories with my HRM. I know that's not what HRM are for but it's the best estimate I got. I run 2-3 miles 3 days a week along with the X3. Rest day I do Dynamix & team volley ball. I would use 6 days a week but remember it's only 30 minute & on some days like Yoga, Pilates, & Dynamix not huge burns.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Good to know, w/r/t what your HRM shows. Thanks!

I'll probably go with the lower TDEE and adjust upwards if necessary. I currently have 2 higher cardio days, where I walk (briskly) 5-7 miles; I may continue that at least once a week, esp on a lower burn day like yoga.

Do you like it so far?