TurboFire Day 1 cal burned?

djscardi
djscardi Posts: 28 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I bought a new hrm and I just completed day 1 of the TurboFire exercises, and it says I only burned 220 kcal. Now is kcal the same as the calories burned that I put in for exercise? I felt like I did way more then 220 calories, but I'm just not sure?!?

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    I am unsure what kcal is.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Kcal is the same as what is commonly called calories. It stands for kilocalories or large calories. As for your heart rate monitors accuracy, who knows. I'd say use it several times and see how each workout compares. If it continues to seem way off, you may want to exchange it.
    Hope that helps and congrats on finishing day 1!
    Risa:drinker:
  • kmahly
    kmahly Posts: 39 Member
    One thing you should know about HR monitors is that they aren't always accurate- a lot of things can factor into accuracy. Also, be sure you are keeping the contact pads clean, make sure you don't have a dying battery, wear it correctly, and have all the input entered in correctly (weight, age, etc).

With that in mind, another thing to think about is that often we burn way fewer calories than we think. I used to wear a Bodybugg for a while (which also, keep in mind, isn't 100% foolproof-accurate) but I was shocked at how low my calorie numbers were. Even when we sometimes feel like we are working so hard, it may not be as high of a burn as we thought (your feeling of perceived exertion relies on a lot of things- how you ate that day, how well rested you are, how stressed out you are, where you are in your menstrual cycle, etc).

Hope that helps some.
This discussion has been closed.