Success Stories for 5'3 and under?

Options
ils_1231
ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
I'm 5'2.5/5'3 and I would love some inspiration from ladies 5'3 and under! It can be stories or photos!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11. I lie & say 5'. This 29 lbs is like 50 on a short girl. I just have to stay my course. I have given nothing up & use moderation! :)
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Progress pic, I have about 15lbs to go. I'm 5'2" on the cusp of 5'3" my heaviest was about 164 and now I'm approx 148

progress.jpg
  • ils_1231
    Options
    I'm 4'11. I lie & say 5'. This 29 lbs is like 50 on a short girl. I just have to stay my course. I have given nothing up & use moderation! :)

haha truth. we are shorter so the weight might be 20lbs but it shows differently than on someone tall!
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm exactly that same height. I always thought I was 5'2" then actually measured myself a couple years ago and somewhere along the way, I gained an inch so now I'm 5'3"! Lol, anyway, I have 25lbs to go and am hoping to get there by Sept!!

What are your numbers also btw, where are you starting and what do you want to accomplish? Glad to meet u! :smile:

ba-2.jpg
  • ils_1231
    Options
    Progress pic, I have about 15lbs to go. I'm 5'2" on the cusp of 5'3" my heaviest was about 164 and now I'm approx 148

congrats! i'm pretty well the same height... and I was your current weight but vacation has led to a 5lb gain... trying to get back on track. i would like to be 135.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am 36, and 5'3. Gained 50 lbs with my 2nd baby. I am doing Jillian Michaels Body Revoution - 90 day program. I am doing 1200 calories plus eating exercise calories. Losing about a pound a week. I'm at 152, with a goal weight of 130 by Nov 1st.
  • ThineOwnselfBTrue
    ThineOwnselfBTrue Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 1/2" at my heaviest was 248. Now down to 175.6 (as of this morning) still have a bit to go before my goal - my profile pic is my progress pic. The heavy one is November 2012, the other one is last week.
  • baileyang33
    Options
    That's what I started with! JMBR! Lost 22 lbs & 14 inches overall now doing P90X3!

SW:167
    CW:138
    GW:125
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5'1", started at 160, down to 138 lbs (the morning for July 4, I was 136) but TOM shot me back up 2 lbs. I'm watching calories and walking 4-6 miles every day. I want to get down to 120. My initial goal was 125 but now it's 120. I'll reevaluate from there.
  • ils_1231
    Options
    i'm currently 155lb and would like to be 135. thats hilarious same thing happened-- went to the doc recently after being 5'2.5 my whole life my latest physical said 5'3.

about a month ago i was maintaining at 148/149 and then i gained weight on vacation and it's stuck.
  • ils_1231
    Options
    That's what I started with! JMBR! Lost 22 lbs & 14 inches overall now doing P90X3!

SW:167
    CW:138
    GW:125

do you like p90x?
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    i'm currently 155lb and would like to be 135. thats hilarious same thing happened-- went to the doc recently after being 5'2.5 my whole life my latest physical said 5'3.

Hahaha that's awesome. I am also (almost) 155 (157 right now) and want to be 130-135lbs too. Do you do any kind of weight lifting or strength training?
  • baileyang33
    Options
    P90X3 which means only 30 minute workouts. I love it! Very comparable to JMBR but harder. I couldn't hv done it 1st for sure. I run 3 days a week too.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    <---Lost 27 pounds by eating in moderation (no crazy fad diets), lifting heavy things, and occasionally running. It took me a long time because I like food. I'm 5'3"
  • jankim9597
    jankim9597 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'2" tall and began my weight loss quest at 226 lbs in February of this year. I am down 33 pounds now. I am not an exercise person (not yet anyway) and I do not guzzle water. I have however changed the QUANTITY of food I was eating...I had no idea how many calories I had been eating! I feel so much better already and I can cross my legs when I sit down again! LOL!:tongue:
  • Jessica_Eve
    Jessica_Eve Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I'm 5'1" and was 159 in January and now I'm 123
  • acmendrek
    acmendrek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started at 213lbs :(

Pre-pregnancy I was 193 and was 230lbs on delivery day. Stepped on the scale this morning and was at 198.5lbs....finally back to "One-derland!" This is a HUGE milestone for me and I'm pumped to keep going! I've never been a skinny girl...always had big boobs and booty so even though the weight range for my height is around 120lbs, I'm just aiming for 150lbs right now. Telling myself to lose a total of 60lbs when I've lost just over 10 sounds much more attainable than telling myself to lose 80lbs. I just have to keep going one pound at a time! Good luck to you!
  • acmendrek
    acmendrek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same issue here! I wasn't necessarily eating bad foods...I was just eating too much food! What a difference portion control makes! Congrats and keep at it!:flowerforyou:
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, 32 years old and my heaviest weight was 163 back in April 2013. I started on here and changed my daily routines of what I ate, stopped heavy drinking 2-3 days a week, and slowly added in a little more exercise. I didn't follow any plans. I just have a very busy hotel job that keeps me running around here all the time. I have started to run which I am enjoying just trying to figure it out and keep pushing myself to finally finish the entire 5K running.
    I am currently at 117lbs give or take a few and think I have found my ideal weight. I kinda want to get to 113 just so I can say I lost 50lbs but when I was at 114 a few weeks back I looked really frail, thin and just didn't think that was the look I was going for. Also lost 8lbs in 3 weeks due to some personal issues so Im trying to gain a few pounds back. But hey loosing around 47 is just as great too.
    I don't know how to post photos in here but feel free to look at my pics in my profile to see how I have come along. Feel free to add for some support Im getting back to being my peppy cheerleader I have always been on here! Best of luck to ya'll :)
  • ils_1231
    Options

Hahaha that's awesome. I am also (almost) 155 (157 right now) and want to be 130-135lbs too. Do you do any kind of weight lifting or strength training?

i've been doing barre which is wayyyyy to expensive to maintain....i keep meaning to start strength training properly and then i get intimidated at the gym. ive been considering paying for a personal trainer for 1 or 2 sessions just to show me the machines. this has yet to happen. i do a lot more cardio in the sense that i go swimming.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!