Should I buy a bike?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnonnyM
    AnonnyM Posts: 9
    Options
    I do not like to exercise but if you live in an area where you can use the bike outside year round why don't you sell the inside bike and use it to finance a better outside bike. Just sayin' if you think you will be motivated by the great outdoors. for me I'm an insider and a treadmill w/ tv would work better... do you walk outside now?. then maybe the bike would be good otherwise you are just looking for excuses. good luck
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Double your Craigslist usage - sell that dust collecting stationary bike on there and then use that to finance your Craigslist bike purchase.

^^ Brilliant!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love riding, it was one of the best decisions of my life to buy my first bike. I would suggest looking around for a cycle shop that offers fittings and read some online reviews about bikes. The thing about buying a less expensive bike is that things will break and you will likely end up replacing something or upgrading or having to get a whole new bike after a season of riding, so I would look at something like a Specialized, Trek, Cannondale or other mid range bikes. I have a Specialized Allez Sport for a roadie and a Specialized Hard Rock 29er for a mountain bike.

Do it!!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Double your Craigslist usage - sell that dust collecting stationary bike on there and then use that to finance your Craigslist bike purchase.

^^ Brilliant!

I agree!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

^^ Brilliant!

I agree!
    Also, with that birthday coming up (and if you can do it tactfully), maybe suggest to anyone who buys you a birthday gift that $$ would be good gift this year?
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    If you think this will get you out more, then yes!! I just bought a bike - and now that I've overcome my terror of being wiped out on the streets of London, I love it!

I second the warning to do research on the bike to be sure it will serve its purpose properly!
  • essa78
    essa78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

hey, this guy has a good idea!