Silky Smooth

Options
CJisinShape
CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
I wanted to know what your best tips are for smooth running days. Meal planning and crockpot suggestions are thrown around a lot. Those are great, and I'd like to know more. Is there any problem you've solved that make your days much easier?

Mine seems obvious, but we really struggled with finding the pair to our shoes in the morning. Even if I set them out the night before, we'd have a twenty minute mission to find everybody's shoes. Incredibly frustrating. After trying many different methods, we've got the shoe cubby by the front door. When we walk in, the first thing is everyone puts their shoes in the cubby and are not allowed to come back and play with the shoes. In the winter, hats, scarves, gloves are on top of the cubby. One minute extra spent coming in the house saves us twenty minutes in the morning and greatly reduced everyone's frustration levels.

So, what is your best tip for smoother days?

Replies

• acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I work at 6am in an office job that requires a lot of formal office wear. So I put my suit out on a door rack the night before so when I get up at 4am I'm not struggling to find something to wear when I'm groggy or bleary. Previously I have made some poor clothing choices early in the morning only to realize it when I'm in the bathroom later in the day.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yep, setting my clothes out the night before helps a lot.

What has helped the most is leaving for work before my teens get up and out of bed. This has completely eliminated all the grumpy morning quasi-battles that used to occur. I don't worry about what they wear, if they have breakfast, if they oversleep and have to hustle to make it to school on time.

I can avoid sharing with them my own morning mood as well.

And when we come home in the afternoon/evening, we're all happy to see each other.
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    I work at 6am in an office job that requires a lot of formal office wear. So I put my suit out on a door rack the night before so when I get up at 4am I'm not struggling to find something to wear when I'm groggy or bleary. Previously I have made some poor clothing choices early in the morning only to realize it when I'm in the bathroom later in the day.

This works when I do it. Do you have a formal "routine" around it?
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Yep, setting my clothes out the night before helps a lot.

What has helped the most is leaving for work before my teens get up and out of bed. This has completely eliminated all the grumpy morning quasi-battles that used to occur. I don't worry about what they wear, if they have breakfast, if they oversleep and have to hustle to make it to school on time.

I can avoid sharing with them my own morning mood as well.

And when we come home in the afternoon/evening, we're all happy to see each other.

And they say you can solve problems by avoidance. Sounds like you solved the problem to me.
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Bump
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Bump!