My first 5k!

Options
Okay...I have been maintaining for a couple of months now...well, unintentionally. I had hit a plateau trying to lose those last five pounds, and decided to try to maintain, just to kind of see if I could, while also not becoming overly frustrated with the fact that those stubborn pounds wouldn't budge.

Anyhoo, yesterday, I decided to get back to working out. I swim often, and yes, thats exercising, but I mean like back to REALLY working out...HIIT, C25K, weights...etc... To keep me motivated, I signed up for my first 5k in September. Yay! I also added another 3 pounds to my weight loss goal...which now totals 31, rather than 28. So, today I am getting ready to jump back into day 1 week 1 of c25k! I NEVER could have imagined that I would actually LIKE running/jogging. But, it is a great workout, and it really helped me burn those calories. Plus, the 5k I am entering is a fundraiser for childhood obesity. A noble and worthwhile cause.

So, I am off to lace up my sneakers and hit the trail. Yay!!

Replies

• gerle1
    gerle1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. Is the C25K hard? I know a few people who have done it. I keep thinking about it but never take the plunge.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love running 5k races for charity, the atmosphere during those events is just unbelievable. Save your bib and the race t-shirt, if they give them to the registered runners. I find them very inspirational few weeks/months later :smile:
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I use 5k's to keep me motivated in my exercising. It makes me feel like there is a specific purpose to my exercising. And I can't "skip" it because I know I have a race coming up. I love 5k's! I have done 3 so far this year, plus a couple of other races. Tonight is a 2.6 mile race. I also do it for the *free* T-Shirts and sometimes finisher medals. Lol! And it is so inspiring to be outside with a huge group of people running a 5k. Everyone smiling and cheering each other on.