Clean Eating Advice

Options
I am currently trying to do clean eating the best I know how. Does anyone know of any good blogs or websites for clean eating?
Right now I am doing 3 days a week with no meat, only fruits and veggies and the other 4 days with meat. Any good ideas for things to eat on those meatless days?

Any suggestions would be helpful!!! Thanks in advance!!:happy:

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying to do clean eating the best I know how. Does anyone know of any good blogs or websites for clean eating?
    Right now I am doing 3 days a week with no meat, only fruits and veggies and the other 4 days with meat. Any good ideas for things to eat on those meatless days?

Any suggestions would be helpful!!! Thanks in advance!!:happy:

Can I ask why you are only eating fruits and veggies 3 days a week? No grains? No dairy?
    Just curious.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Beans for non-meat days. Beans and rice, bean burritos, bean and quinoa salad, tofu stir fry, hummus sandwich wrap, bean soups, lentil dahl, there are so many tasty things you can do with beans.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is easier for me to essentially eat similar foods every day. Having to keep track on a calendar of what day is meat day, is silly unless there is a good reason.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am at work..........link won't work.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Clean eating?
    Sure.
    Wash your hands before eating.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any good blogs or websites for clean eating?

While they don't use the term "clean eating", this website will give you good advice on how to eat for health.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you define "clean eating," but I enjoy the blog 101cookbooks, which has lots of good recipes for vegetable-based and vegetarian meals and wonderful photos.

My typical understanding of "clean eating"--although I don't use the term--is that it means cooking from whole foods, perhaps seasonally when possible, and if so you don't need special "clean" recipes or blogs, there are lots of blogs and most recipes (IME) that focus on cooking from whole foods. .
  • nicoleluvbunny
    Options
    I am doing grains and dairy during the three days. I am just basically cutting out the meat in my meals on those 3 days. There is no specific reason just want to try and get more veggies in my diet.