What has recently motivated you?

Options
2»

Replies

• tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My clothes are looser on me now and I know they use to be skin tight. Also kind of gross, but I can get my finger in my belly button. Not that I want to, but I can he he he tmi tmi. I love to throw in facts no one wants to hear. Seriously having my clothes fit better makes me soooo motivated.:drinker:
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This morning, I dreamed about running. I *never-ever-ever-never* dream about running. I think this is a sign. But, we'll see, because I haven't even started seriously running yet.

Oh, there was also dessert involved (French silk pie?). So, yes, I think I'm running for the dessert. :laugh:
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    When I took this after pic in the blue, I was so pleased to see the change in my body. I love being able to feel good and look nice instead of being disgusted with myself and avoiding the camera altogether before. :heart:

Seeing that gives me great motivation to keep going strong for my 6th wedding anniversary coming up in Sept!!! :bigsmile:
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just turned 44 last Monday and realilzed I'm not getting younger and it's only going to be harder to get in shape as time goes on. Do it now while I'm still fairly young and active....and I know I can do it!
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I just turned 44 last Monday and realilzed I'm not getting younger and it's only going to be harder to get in shape as time goes on. Do it now while I'm still fairly young and active....and I know I can do it!

You most certainly can do it! And by the looks of your prof pic, you look great already! :flowerforyou:
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    When I took this after pic in the blue, I was so pleased to see the change in my body. I love being able to feel good and look nice instead of being disgusted with myself and avoiding the camera altogether before. :heart:

Seeing that gives me great motivation to keep going strong for my 6th wedding anniversary coming up in Sept!!! :bigsmile:

That dress looks amazing on you! Keep up the good work!
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options

You most certainly can do it! And by the looks of your prof pic, you look great already! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! Thank you! You've made my day! :smile:
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I was surprisingly motivated last night by making myself a skirt. I put it off all weekend with various excuses and when talking with a friend about how un-motivating my wardrobe is I was convinced to get to sewing. Being lazy as I was I used the same pattern that I last made in December 2013 and though I cut it down I still had to make additional adjustments. Once I was finished and went to hang it up I thought to myself that it looked rather small. One of my goals was that my skirts waist would be smaller than my hangers - I can officially check that off my list :smile:

I am actually excited about making myself a few more skirts in the near future, and though I have a few more pounds to lose I will actually be willing to take them up when necessary.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    A joking comment from a co-worker. My colleagues know that I've got a huuuge sense of humor and I don't mind sharper jokes on my back, so they let themselves step over a very thin line. Today we were discussing some homemade cakes and I just commented that I don't like cakes, and this one colleague said: 'Well, you don't look it' - then laughed. -__-' I'm fine with jokes about my weight, but not when I'm sure that the guy means it and in a non-joking way only because he is a fitness maniac. :/

And this is seriously fueling me up. I feel like working out ten times harder, stick to my eating hundreds of times harder and just show him that I truly do not like cakes and that I'm not just one more of those women who have let go of themselves and not care about their health. Just... ugh.
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The day streak ticker - 32 days and counting. It's the longest I've gone. I don't want to mess it up.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The fact that I've thrown this quest to be skinny out the window and now I'm focusing on being stronger and better is what's motivating me. Every time I hit a PR, I just want to do more. I want to prove to myself that I can do the unimaginable. Motivation I believe begins from yourself. Anyone can tell you you're doing a good job, but unless you believe it there's no power to the statement.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    having my first performance in the fall ( Belly Dance) and need to get fitted for my first costume in a few months and it is the most unforgiving shiny metallic material my teacher has selected for our class so yeah Im trying to lose as much as healthily as possible before then
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I would like to get a decent paying job.... and I live in an area where people are primarily thin... I never get past the first time they see me.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am in serious stasis right now. I *should* be more diligent for what I eat and exercise, but I am just maintaining about a 50/50 interest between making good choices and just not caring. What keeps tips the scale towards being more healthy is just wanting to counteract those times I don't care.

Basically I am eating right and exercising most of the time to counteract those fewer times I don't. :)
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    One of my interim goals was to fit into a particular pair of shorts by July 4th. I hadn't worn them since the summer of 2012. I wore them on July 3rd! Now I have a dress that I'm aiming to wear by Labor Day. :wink: