Lunch Ideas

Options
lmann72
lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
Any awesome lunch ideas? I've been doing wraps, salads, side salads, shrimp, chicken, beef - I feel like I've covered anything! HEEELLLLPPP!!! :)

Replies

• rosy_08
    rosy_08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Soup in a thermos? You can always make a big batch on Sunday and separate individual portions for the week.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Stuffed bell peppers, veggie omelettes, salmon burgers, grits with veggies and ground turkey, protein pancakes, quinoa and tuna bowls with salsa.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Why must it be a "lunch" food? I love breakfast anytime, try a veggie omelet or some pancakes. Maybe try a stir fry, it has the added benefit of reheating very well.
  • Krystal_1982
    Krystal_1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My current favourite is the Meditterranean Herb Ryvita's topped with a Laughing Cow Light wedge of cheese and then a slice of meat....i usually get shaved turkey (i know it's not the best for you, but it keeps me full! and low in calories!) Looking forward to seeing others suggestions as I get bored easily!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have some of this:

41zZl0ftwGL.jpg

with some of this:

Daves-Gourmet-Butternut-Squash-Gluten-Free-Pasta-Sauce.jpg

and add some smoked beef and veggies.
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salads are the bomb. Add veggies, any meat/seafood.

I'm also a fan of using those hearty organic brown rice cakes for lunch. Usually i'll add a slice or two of turkey, some sprouts, avocado and even a slice of sharp cheddar on that bad boy. Or you can do egg/ tuna salad on top, some PB and banana. The choices are endless.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    This week I'm eating my homemade McDonalds-style egg white delights. I bring 92 g liquid egg whites in a container and microwave them with some salt and pepper, toast an English muffin, and add two slices of Canadian bacon and a slice of aged white cheddar cheese. I microwave it for a few seconds to melt the cheese a bit and enjoy. I'm also eating a few frozen grapes with it. Delicious!

[To the egg white haters - I eat a whole hard-boiled egg every day, so I'm not one of those folks that think I should avoid the yolk. Since it's on the English muffin, both taste the same to me and one has a lot less calories, allowing me to eat more throughout the rest of the day.]
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I call this my "snack lunch": Hummus with veggie sticks, olives, pickles, a hard boiled egg, some crackers and a few pieces of cheeses. I just bring everything in small quantity and I feel like I'm having a feast because I eat a bit of everything.

Try quinoa or couscous salad. My favorite is tomatoes, cucumber, feta, squeeze of lime or lemon juice.

Quiche is also a good idea that you can eat hot or cold. My basic recipe for a crust less quiche is: 4 eggs and 250 ml (the small container) of 1% fat cottage cheese, any cooked veggies or meat you fancy, some spices, etc... and I cook them in a muffin tin (I spay veg oil in muffin liner so it's easier to remove and so easy to freeze) for 20 min at 350. 2 muffin quiches is about 100 to 150 cal so it's great when you want to bring more than 1 thing