My Jeans Ripped Today... Again...

Options
2»

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Squat kind of exercises are you doing? :D

I've had to buy bigger jackets and tops. I guess you can say it's getting kinda serious in the gym now. :laugh:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Vanity Fair, TJ Maxx / Marshalls, Rugged Warehouse, Ross. I get 80% of y clothes at those places. I've had good luck with Claiborne and Levi's of late.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My husband is good a popping belt loops when he bends over.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ANY crotch tears in jeans are not worth sewing up again! It NEVER works...once the crotch area tears - get new pants.
  • anyamb
    anyamb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would try not to take it too much to heart. The quality of clothing (even premium denim) has been on a steep downward slope. The hems and seams of my clothes rip or fall out all the time, and it's not because they don't fit. It's because they aren't properly finished and are often sewn with improper thread for the material. Good luck finding anything that isn't though.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Once fabric rips, it's hard to keep it from tearing again no matter how well you sew it back together. It just doesn't work.

When I was losing weight, I bought my clothes at thrift stores because I knew I wouldn't be wearing them long. There are lots of nice jeans there. I'd buy a couple pairs, wear them until they were too big, donate them back, and then buy some more. I went through 8 sizes this way.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Take yourself to goodwill and stop torturing yourself with jeans that keep tearing up. I see it as "renting" the clothes for a bit while I drop sizes. I love that place. I have kept a pair of pants that also kept ripping in the seems so many times and those are my size 16 work pants. Just be patient and take it one day at a time. :flowerforyou: