Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Excellent Video Explanation of Calories

I found the best video via buzzfeed today which illustrates common questions found on this forum.

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=3&from=en-us_msnhp#/video/a81f5a86-fa8a-4c16-9914-c622902a623a

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Not a bad simplified explanation of it
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Good video. Toward the end though when they took away the girl's pancakes, it seemed like they recommended not eating breakfast. Maybe they could have explained it more thoroughly (not to exclude breakfast entirely, but to not make it the biggest meal of the day).
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Good video. Toward the end though when they took away the girl's pancakes, it seemed like they recommended not eating breakfast. Maybe they could have explained it more thoroughly (not to exclude breakfast entirely, but to not make it the biggest meal of the day).

Agreed.

I think it's an overly simple explanation for people who have limited knowledge about nutrition. But still useful as a starting point.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member

Them including the part about breakfast was the best part of the video in my opinion. When you eat breakfast, you open your eating window. When I eat breakfast, I find that I'm much hungrier throughout the day and unchecked I eat more calories. This is one of the main reasons that 99% of the time I only eat lunch and dinner.