BEFORE PICS ADVISE for NEWBIE'S!

Options
reneeot
reneeot Posts: 773 Member
1. So I've noticed this pattern.

Before pics! Not so happy faces. After pics, big happy faces!

Show you love :love: your self no matter your size. Take cute, happy before pics! Start loving yourself NOW not later! Let your beauty shine through!

2. It seems MFP viewers love, love, love. Same outfit and pose pic for before and after! It really makes a impression!

3. Also for those who dare.....they post their before pics and add after pics as they go! I enjoy looking to see how they are progressing! I wonder if it also helps them to be more accountable!

4. DON'T DOWNGRADE YOURSELF! And talk about how heavy or horrible you look in your photos! Remember someone out there is your size, larger or smaller and you don't want them to look at you and think of themselves in such a negative way! Beauty comes in all sizes and packages!

:flowerforyou:

1e322427-e9de-4b9a-9389-12fb6440a199.jpg[/URL]

In honor of this post I updated my profile with a my most recent before pic! And I resist all temptation to say something negative about it!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Hesterlicious
    Hesterlicious Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy Hester approves of this message!

But I have yet to take a before pic.
  • Hesterlicious
    Hesterlicious Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy Hester approves of this message!

But I have yet to take a before pic.
  • Findingmyathlete
    Findingmyathlete Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful :)
    And I love this post.
  • drattedfatbody52
    Options
    You provided some really good advice, however I've never posted any picture because I don't know HOW to make a picture go on to my computer, so no photos.

I was smiling at my heaviest and I'm still smiling now. One of my co-workers didn't recognize me in a photo which was taken more than a year ago at work. I dislike having photos taken of me but I am aware that I am less resistant in recent months. I do have my first day of work badge photo which I use as my before photo. I haven't gotten to the after yet. I'm only half way there.

Dear beautiful woman, you look like someone I would like to make my friend AND you have good sense! Thanks for your courage and self compassion. As you may note from my MFP name, my starting attitude towards myself was as poor as anyone's and I wish you had made today's post before I started. I will say that I did have to get fed up w/ myself before I could get serious about making the change. Pardon the pun, but maybe that is part of what the before folks have in common. We all have reached our limit. I know that in my own mind, it was dangerously high but that is a part of the process of change. I person reaches their limit, acknowledges the truth about themselves and chooses to DO something to start.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I think I smiled too much, I never realized the weight I was putting on. For health reasons that was dangerous! I started my journey because I wanted to be healthy, I thought added perk would be a body that I didn't feel the need to cover up with a sarong! !:-) Thanks for friend invite "drattedfatbod".