20 to go! :)

Options
Hi everyone!

Got on the scale today and was thrilled! 155! Down from 168 since May. Happy with my results so far, and I know the last 20 pounds to my goal is going to be tough, so I thought I would pop in and see if there are some suggestions to keep on the same pace? I've been limiting my carb intake to only consuming in the morning and my mid-morning snack, and then tapering off for lunch and dinner.

Also I am doing Insanity and strength training 5 days a week, but if I throw in a bit more cardio would that help? I'm in no rush, but I would be lying if I said 20 pounds 2 months wouldn't be totally unrealistic :p

Open to any and all suggestions! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be happier in the long run if you switch your goal to 20 lbs in 20 weeks. Even that is fast-ish.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That seems doable. Like I said, I'm in no hurry. So far I am keeping my carb intake around 20-25, but my salad for lunch pretty much put me over the top on that. Never knew how many carbs are in veggies!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you. Where I'm at right now: wanting to hone in on what my final goal weight will be. Its probably not the 130 in my ticker, but its clearly not the 150 I set as a goal when I started back in December!

I do plan to adjust my deficit. Right now I aim for 500 + a little room to spare and plan to cut that in 1/2 August 1. At the same time, NOT relaxing my level of activity.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea! I feel like once I get my diet on track, I can start incorporating more exercise. I'm only doing about 2-3 days a week since I work such weird hours, hoping to get back up to 4-5 days for the next few months.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    For me, its not so much about 'exercise' as it is about being active in general. I'm lazy by nature - and don't want to give into it. So I use an activity tracker and whether thru regular daily running errands and such, intentional exercise, etc. - I make sure to hit my daily step goal & daily calorie burn goal. I look for ways to be more active as I figure it all adds up.

The downside to being smaller? If we don't make the effort, we burn very little. At my current height/age/weight if I lived the sedentary life of sitting at a desk all day then on the couch all night - I'd only burn a total of about 1700-1800 calories per day. No wonder that I gained weight when I put no thought into how little I moved or what I was eating.

Exercise doesn't have to be a big deal. Some nights I run in place on a trampoline while watching tv to get my steps & burn in. Easy enough!

I do need to get more consistent and organized w/ strength training though. Ultimately that is going to be the key to looking toned...