Maple-Glazed Brussels Sprouts

Options
prism1968
prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
Oh em gee! Made them today...
Ate these like candy, SOOOOO dang good... going on my once-a-week grocery list now :)
The maple syrup caramelizes on them and I swear they are the best ones I've ever had...

http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/maple-glazed-brussels-sprouts.aspx

Ingredients
1 pound brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
10 small garlic cloves (peeled and halved)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions
1. In a large bowl, toss 1 pound brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved), 2 tablespoons each maple syrup and olive oil, 10 small garlic cloves (peeled and halved), 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast at 400F on a baking sheet until garlic cloves are browned and softened and sprouts are lightly browned and tender-crisp, 18 to 20 minutes.

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    That just made me drool. HAVE TO. Make these.. Thank you..
  • prism1968
    Options
    That just made me drool. HAVE TO. Make these.. Thank you..

You will be glad you did!
    I couldn't get over how amazing they were lol... I was literally putting 'em on Facebook, texting my family, etc with the recipe minutes after I tasted them.
    I DID have the baby brussels sprouts I got from the Amish market past weekend, so maybe that had something to do with it, but the overall flavor OH MY :)
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have this recipe and have made it before, it really is good. Haven't made them in a long time!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    YUM!!! I think brussel sprouts are about to be sold out where i live now, once this recipe gets popular! Move over Broccoli!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just bought some brussel sprouts today and I'm doing a pork roast tonight - it's like me and this recipe were meant to be! Thank you!
  • Psychdoll74
    Options
    Nice!:smile:
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bumping

Cause I frigging love brussel sprouts. Who doesn't love tiny dollhouse cabbages? Weirdos, that's who!
  • prism1968
    Options
    I should note, I decreased the syrup and oil because I didn't have enough calories left for the day, and it still came out DELICIOUS :) So, feel free to play around w/the quantities.
  • prism1968
    Options
    bumping

Cause I frigging love brussel sprouts. Who doesn't love tiny dollhouse cabbages? Weirdos, that's who!

This cracked me up :laugh:
  • prism1968
    Options
    I just bought some brussel sprouts today and I'm doing a pork roast tonight - it's like me and this recipe were meant to be! Thank you!

Perfect combo! I had mine w/roast duck and as much as I was looking forward to that duck, these outshined the protein ;)
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Love maple syrup! Love brussel sprouts!

Thanks for recipe!