Need to lose 130 lbs.

Options
vjtadeo
vjtadeo Posts: 8 Member
Hi, I am 60 years old and I am on a weight loss journey for my life, literally! I was active on this site for awhile and then I let health issues derail my weight loss efforts and I have gained over 30 lbs in the past couple of months. I am looking for support and encouragement, and in turn I will provide that same support & encouragement to all of you. Send friend requests and I will respond. :laugh:

Replies

• RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I need to lose over 100lbs too. In down 37lbs in three months. You can do it!
  • Luckyfish72
    Luckyfish72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started my journey needing to lose 100+. I have managed to lose 50 of that, although I took almost two years! Now I have to refocus and start again. For me small goals, like ten pounds at a time, work best! A cheat meal every so often helps keep the salad blahs away. I too need additional support, please accept my friend request. Best of luck on your journey!
  • tarron834
    tarron834 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 1 on my journey....again. I have over 100 pounds to lose and trying to figure out where to start all over. I have sent a friend request and would love support as well. Although inconsistent most of the time, I have been on here for years, and was going through my old info...I saw came across my lowest weight in 2011, and have gained 51 pounds!! huge eye-opener for me, and explains some of the recent health issues I am having. I will say when I did lose weight in the past this site was a huge help to me, which is why I have come back to it. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • ddooley003
    Options
    Hi. I am on a journey to lose just over 100 lbs. I am blessed to be very healthy (outside of my weight issue). I don't want to play Russian roulette with my weight anymore. The last four years have been very difficult emotionally (and food was my comfort). I'm ready to put the past behind me and start fresh with a new body.

I'm seeing a doctor for my weight loss. Just for the prescription for the dietary supplement as well as accountability. I just started on July 1st and I am down 6.2 pounds so far! I know the weight loss will taper off to around 2 lbs. per week, but it was a good motivator for me to start.

I am on the 1200 calorie diet and I walk 3 miles five times a week (moderate). I was surprised that I could limit myself to 1200 cal and not go stir crazy. I still have hunger pains, but I'm determined to get the weight off.

Looking forward to taking the journey with you.
  • lwielgosz
    lwielgosz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I too have a goal of 130lbs. I started last september and I am down 30lbs. It took a LONG time to see results. I am now at a stand still and have been gaining and losing about 3-5lbs. No matter what I do. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate your input.
  • Helchia
    Helchia Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I too am on a journey to lose 100 lbs. I'm 62 years old and have tried different diets. I lost approx. 15 lbs went on holidays and of course put some of the weight back on, had company and now I'm trying to get back to losing my weight and exercising. But its hard!! I'm hoping to find some support on this web site. Good luck on your journey and hope to see your progress :smile:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If I could offer one piece of advice, it would be to make doubly sure you are eating an appropriate amount of food. I am assuming MyFitnessPal set you up to eat at 1200 calories a day, am I right?

MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 5 feet. So unless you are smaller than me, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

To find the best calorie goal for your stats, go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back your exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If I could offer one piece of advice, it would be to make doubly sure you are eating an appropriate amount of food. I am assuming MyFitnessPal set you up to eat at 1200 calories a day, am I right?

MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 5 feet. So unless you are smaller than me, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

To find the best calorie goal for your stats, go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back your exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.
    +1
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do it, just never give up. You don't have to be perfect, just keep moving toward your goal.
    Good luck to you all.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    With a starting weight of 268, I set out to lose 118 lbs.

I've had ups and down, bumps along the road, but now, I'm down 29 lbs (14 last month) and have made some serious lifestyle changes that aren't going anywhere

In it for the long haul!.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I saved my life 2 1/2 years ago with exercise. Decided to approach weight loss from the other direction. I thought I'd get exercise under my belt before I dieted. Exercise made me want to eat healthier and I never did diet. I do exercise regularly.
  • ScoobyM34
    ScoobyM34 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm in the need to lose 100 pounds or more club too. Just keep plugging ahead
  • lgodwin413
    lgodwin413 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm new to mfp also and my weight loss goal is 50 lbs. Good luck on your journey
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I started my 150+ lbs effort about 2 months ago. :) Welcome back, and good luck!
  • SueColumbia
    Options
    Keep it up. Together we can get this done.
  • amcampbell2342
    amcampbell2342 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to look at your goals and macros again....small adjustments may be all you need.
  • hdacmom
    hdacmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! Over 100 lbs to lose... so far down 43. It had been slow but steady! Just keep plugging away!!!