STESS, STRESS, STRESS, STRESS

Options
2»

Replies

• mymfpesk
    mymfpesk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Meditation, prayer and rest have really helped me cope with stress. I also exercise regularly and have been considering looking into acupuncture as well. In the morning, I listen to soothing, inspirational music and at night I inhale and exhale deeply and think about my small victories, blessings, and/or read and meditate on 1-2 Bible verses. These two verses resonate with me in a big way:

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Colossians 1:11-14 “May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

All the best!
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SeR3LxtdI -- breathing exercise on youtube. helped me through gmat studying.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I know this probably is not what you want to hear but for me it was a matter of seeking counseling and also, gradually transforming my entire life to involve less stress. I didn't NEED a bigger newer house, a new car every couple of years, the full satellite package, unlimited data on the newest iPhone, or twenty-two Coach handbags. I needed some peace. I changed jobs and everything else, pretty much. It's made everything much easier in my life.
  • s_light
    s_light Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    As I'm reading the thread, I'm noticing that majority of you are pointing to me getting a new job. This is not an option. I love my job, and I literally can't leave work at work, my phone could ring at anytime and I have to pretty much be available to go back into work. I don't stay because of money, my salary is under 30,000 a year, I stay because it is my calling in my life for right now. I am a Funeral Director/Embalmer/County Coroner. I'm just looking for helping in dealing with the stress.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    As I'm reading the thread, I'm noticing that majority of you are pointing to me getting a new job. This is not an option. I love my job, and I literally can't leave work at work, my phone could ring at anytime and I have to pretty much be available to go back into work. I don't stay because of money, my salary is under 30,000 a year, I stay because it is my calling in my life for right now. I am a Funeral Director/Embalmer/County Coroner. I'm just looking for helping in dealing with the stress.

I understand that! Many jobs can be stressful. It doesn't mean you hate or dislike the job. You can love it. And the more you love it, the more it also becomes a part of your life. But, even good things can be stressful. Managing stress is very important. We all find what works for us. I hope you will find what works for you. Sometimes we think we can handle so much stress, but then it ends up having a physical impact on us that we did not anticipate. Those are wake-up calls to manage it better.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I use a very carefully calibrated combination of lifting weights, running, booze, and sex.

THIS^^^^
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A set of headphones, cheesy 80's music and the treadmill.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Cheesy 80's music does help!
  • SG1103
    SG1103 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from. I am in the same boat as you. Work is a part of life, so you have to deal with the stress somehow. For me, it's a work in progress, but I have been focusing on the important things in life and letting go of the not-so-important ones. Although you can be called into work at any hour, it would help you to disconnect anytime you can. Do chores later - they aren't as important. Deep breaths. Do something for yourself on a weekly basis. Take up a hobby (other than exercising) and see if you can complete a task. It'll give your mind something else to focus on. When all else fails, turn to your partner for a shoulder massage at the very least.