The Fruit and Veggie challenge!!! Wanna join?!

Options
2»

Replies

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! looks like everyone is totally on track with lots of produce! Last night I sectioned a pomegranate (seriously, before I knew this trick I never ate them cause they were SOO darned messy!) to add to my morning yogurt. heres the method in case anyone is interested:
    cut off the end of the pomegranate as close to the "stem" part as possible. Score the fruit lengthways being carful to cut mostly the skin and not the insides, as soon as you have enough of a section, gently pull it apart. Over a bowl of cold water, begin to loosen the seeds and let them fall from the skin to the water, dont worry about the white membrane, it will float to the top and the seeds stay on the bottom. drain and tada!!! all you have left is pomegranate seeds! yummy!
    keep it up guys!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    awesome!!! looks like everyone is totally on track with lots of produce! Last night I sectioned a pomegranate (seriously, before I knew this trick I never ate them cause they were SOO darned messy!) to add to my morning yogurt. heres the method in case anyone is interested:
    cut off the end of the pomegranate as close to the "stem" part as possible. Score the fruit lengthways being carful to cut mostly the skin and not the insides, as soon as you have enough of a section, gently pull it apart. Over a bowl of cold water, begin to loosen the seeds and let them fall from the skin to the water, dont worry about the white membrane, it will float to the top and the seeds stay on the bottom. drain and tada!!! all you have left is pomegranate seeds! yummy!
    keep it up guys!

This is one of my favorite snacks!! Pomegranate seeds are amazing!!
  • ymamyma
    Options
    Fruits/Veggies on todays agenda: Lettuce, spinach, potatoes, green/yellow/orange peppers, green beans, raspberries, banana, clementine,

I hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    keep it up guys!
    OMG! Thank you! party0048.gifI gave up (after my first try) after the juice started squirting all over shirt and the walls.:sad: I had no clue how to even eat these but I so wanted to try them. Now thanks to your tips I'll definitely be buying them again!! :flowerforyou:

So let me get this straight for my next buy..:tongue: You eat only the seeds, correct?:blushing:
  • ymamyma
    Options
    keep it up guys!
    OMG! Thank you! party0048.gifI gave up (after my first try) after the juice started squirting all over shirt and the walls.:sad: I had no clue how to even eat these but I so wanted to try them. Now thanks to your tips I'll definitely be buying them again!! :flowerforyou:

So let me get this straight for my next buy..:tongue: You eat only the seeds, correct?:blushing:

Yep!! :flowerforyou: Aaaamaazing. :) The first FEW I had I made a total mess. I've been told that if you score the back, you can beat the seeds loose with a wooden spoon. I haven't tried that yet! Becca, do you like apple salad? I'm taking a spin on my mom's recipe (with mayo - yuck!) and subbing greek yogurt. I'm going to toss a cup of pomegranate seeds in, too!!
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    yesterday I had four small cookies, a little les then half a can of tuna, 1 piece of whole wheat bread, spinage, tomato roma, half a pickle, a little bit of onion, chiken, some wheat pizza crust, cheese, pizza sauce, 2 shrimp one small piece of garlic bread and 1/4 of a orange.
  • ymamyma
    Options
    On today's agenda: Pomegranate, banana, clementine, spinach/green peppers/onions, and my homemade salsa (corn and bean - delish!) I need to work another veggie in there. Maybe a small salad at work?

I hope everyone is having a good day!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    What happened to the fruit and veggie challenge??