New here, want to lose 42 kgs

Hi, I'm relatively new here, I already managed to lose 5 kgs, but i have way more to go. I'm looking for success stories and supporting people. I've been vegan/vegetarian in the past one year, but I ate many unhealthy foods so I reached a very high weight. (104 kgs) I want to be 62 kgs. I started juice fasting one week ago, and I'm planning to continue a HEALTHY vegan diet afterwards. Have a nice day everyone :)

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Eat "healthy" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

The Sexypants post should be required reading for all MFPers: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • cirmicica
    cirmicica Posts: 3
    Thanks for the link. When I said healthy, I was thinking about high raw vegan. I read a lot about 811 (Dr Graham), but I don't think I could follow a 100% raw lifestyle. In summer it's easier , but in winter....
    Yes, my problem was in the past that I tried to stick to something strictly, then "gave in" and started to eat fried onion rings and fries. Vegan, but not healthy at all. Now that it's summer, and most fruits are in season now, i really have to do this juicefasting, perhaps smoothies, then later I will see. I will stay here and ask for advice :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Black & white thinking (diets, fasts, cleanses, etc.) doesn't work. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight.

Please, read the Sexypants link.
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Feel free to friend! You got this girl!