Christmas Party Weekend

Options
Well our company goes out to the Kananaski's Lodge for the weekend so I will be faced with buffet type of weekend - have to keep my whits about me and monitor everything since I won't be close to a computer and recording every time I chomp on something tasty - plans to hit the gym and pool while we are there and if not to cold join the gang for a 16 km hike on a trail - yikes. I will be lucky to make it to dinner if I get through it all.

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am usually pretty good at eye-balling my portions 363 days out of the year, but I use a salad plate for the holiday meals. Once I can't see the bottom of the plate, I walk away from the serving table & don't go back.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Try to focus on protein, fruits, and vegetables. Avoid a lot of rolls, pasta, etc. Save your carbs for fun little desserts (Just take tiny portions to reward yourself for not just letting go). :wink:

Be proud of yourself for thinking ahead . . . lack of planning is usually where people have a downfall. As long as you stay conscious of your choices and portions, you will feel a lot happier about your weekend.

Have fun! :happy: