Crossfit claim

Options
2»

Replies

• shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    At the crossfit gym where I go I have convinced all but one person in the group of regulars to start lifting as well. :) Subversive *kitten* that I am.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    My claims about success in CrossFit are irrelevant in a thread about CrossFit claims? Okay then.... :noway:

Absolutely, no one is questioning whether crossfit can get you in good shape, or whether it can help you gain muscle or lose fat etc. We are questioning the absurd claim that steroid free crossfit protocols are superior to steroid free bodybuilding protocols for hypertrophy. They also claim that a natural bodybuilder "can never approach the mass that our athletes do". Those claims are absolutely absurd. They're a complete joke, and if you would like to comment on that, that would be great.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    image.png
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    At the crossfit gym where I go I have convinced all but one person in the group of regulars to start lifting as well. :) Subversive *kitten* that I am.

This was admitted as being necessary at my crossfit gym if getting really strong was one of your goals. For anyone to believe (or claim) that just doing the WOD would result in optimal strength is a little bit silly. It simply isn't programmed for that. (That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Glassman and company have and continually do make that claim.)
  • AJ_G
    Options
    image.png

^ This is great!
  • shmerek
    Options
    image.png

^ This is great!
    And people wonder why it gets a bad rap.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    image.png

^ This is great!
    And people wonder why it gets a bad rap.

It mostly gets a bad rap because the people who are into crossfit have a religious devotion to it for the most part, they don't hesitate to tell everyone they meet that they do crossfit and they post their WOD on every form of social media they can, not to mention that it's EXTREMELY overpriced
  • shmerek
    Options

It mostly gets a bad rap because the people who are into crossfit have a religious devotion to it for the most part, they don't hesitate to tell everyone they meet that they do crossfit and they post their WOD on every form of social media they can, not to mention that it's EXTREMELY overpriced
    I am proud to say I have never posted a WOD on any social media. I really enjoy the work outs but I don't get the zealot aspect of it at all. My gym isn't too bad for price either.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't buy a lot of the corporate stuff. I just like my peeps at my box. Good trainers, have fun, good music, swear a lot, irreverent, etc.

I powerlift outside of CF but I probably would have never gotten into had I not started CF first. I didn't have the confidence to move from machines and dumbells for 9 years til I started CF'ing. I think of CF as my cardio and it has kind of replaced swimming and running a few days a week. Gotten good results. I didn't get the same results when I was just doing machines and db's plus cardio classes and running, but the combo of both strength training and CF seems to be working for me. You can really tell at my box who does supplemental strength training and who doesn't.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    neuroendocrine whollop

is that an actual medical term?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

IKR!
    None of the bodybuilders, runners, triathletes, Zumba-er, average gym goers on my social media sites ever do this.
  • shmerek
    Options
    I don't buy a lot of the corporate stuff. I just like my peeps at my box. Good trainers, have fun, good music, swear a lot, irreverent, etc.

I powerlift outside of CF but I probably would have never gotten into had I not started CF first. I didn't have the confidence to move from machines and dumbells for 9 years til I started CF'ing. I think of CF as my cardio and it has kind of replaced swimming and running a few days a week. Gotten good results. I didn't get the same results when I was just doing machines and db's plus cardio classes and running, but the combo of both strength training and CF seems to be working for me. You can really tell at my box who does supplemental strength training and who doesn't.
    Awesome, I sort of take the same approach.CF=cardio