It's 9 p.m., I'm hungry and I have 92 calories left.

Options
KM0692
KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
I can't sleep if I'm hungry. :-/

Replies

• ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My new favorite low calorie snack is cucumber slices sprinkled with sea salt. It's super yummy, and has very few calories for the amount of food you're getting in you. Perfect for the end-of-the-day munchies.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hot tea with milk can fit into that. I find that fills me up.

Alternatively, five minutes of jumping jacks! Quite a few calories for food.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    80 calorie Sargento cheese stick.

Celery & light cream cheese

1c Vanillla Reduced Sugar (60c) Almond Breeze Almond Milk

1 and 3/4 Quaker Rice Cakes

Hot Tea (any flavor but no milk or sugar)

Lots of WATER!!!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Depending on the balance of things you ate today--if you need a low carb snack and have room in the fats column, 1 strip of bacon is generally 75-90 calories, depending on how thick your brand is sliced.
  • Mindless_Games
    Mindless_Games Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    apple slices?
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Eat something. It can be something low calorie. If it's not, don't fret about it. Just push yourself a little harder in your work out tomorrow. Or, if you're not working out, just eat 100 cals less than usual. I try to look at calories as a weekly thing not a daily thing. If I go over one night, it's ok, I can always eat a little less the next day or work out harder. :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Eat a small snack or find some low cal veggies that you can eat a lot of. If you are over a little bit, it will not make a big difference in the long run. Let's say you go over by 100 calories today, but you have been consistently under by 20 calories all of last week, you are still averaging below your daily target for the week. I can't sleep when I am hungry either, and I find lacking sleep leads me to make less rational choices the following day. Have a snack, sleep well, and don't let it bother you.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options
    A small banana ?
  • grisky
    grisky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    one slice of tuna or salmon sashimi?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Small banana. it makes you sleepy too. so says my godmother. i love wives tails. and placebo effect. and bananas.:bigsmile:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Small banana. it makes you sleepy too. so says my godmother. i love wives tails. and placebo effect. and bananas.:bigsmile:

My Nana used to say the opposite? :laugh:
  • KM0692
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Egg white scramble
  • JennEason1
    JennEason1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry eat something and move on. Law of averages!
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just eat. It's ok to go over your calories every once in a while. You can always just cut back on another day.
  • kindaouttaluck
    kindaouttaluck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    egg beaters with butter spray
    steamed vegetables with a low cal sauce
    plain tuna
  • KM0692
    Options
    Thanks again for all of the great ideas. It sure is nice asking a question and getting friendly advice, rather than "you must not be eating enough during the day" or "doesn't look like you're getting in your healthy guidelines" (or whatever they're called)...from another site. :-/
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggie sticks are what I have if I'm still hungry and have little cals left.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry eat something and move on. Law of averages!

^^This^^