Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred?

Options
So I'm starting this soon and i wanted to know everyone's thoughts,opinions, results with doing the 30 day shred.

Replies

• Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I just finished day 7 with this dvd. I'm on the first circuit. It is hard, she kicks your butt. But I think it is effective with strength and cardio mixed together and all for 30 mins.
  • Helinah26
    Options
    I just finished day 7 with this dvd. I'm on the first circuit. It is hard, she kicks your butt. But I think it is effective with strength and cardio mixed together and all for 30 mins.

okay thanks!!! :D
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do the Last Chance Workout with Jillian which is basically a longer version 30 day shred.

What I love about it is that I consistently burn 500+ calories during the 40 minute workout and I typically more calories throughout the day than if I just did the same amount of time jogging.
  • Helinah26
    Options
    sounds good to me :)
  • numberscolors
    Options
    i just started it today! it was awesome. hard, but awesome. i feel muscles getting stronger that i didn't even know i had.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just tried this yesterday.... and I've woken up this morning with tight thighs but not so tight that I won't be trying it again today!!! It was really hard getting through the first circuit of level one for me... but as soon as I got through that I knew I could take anything she threw at me!!!

Good Luck=]
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday. My upper body, especially shoulders, were sore yesterday and I could feel it in my abs. My legs? not so much, but I have been walking 3 miles a day 2-3 days a week and putting in 20-30 minutes on the elliptical. But I started it for a more complete workout so the burn in my shoulders and chest is good.

I have to say I have only done it once and realized very quickly that I needed a GOOD sports bra or I wasn't going to be able to do it... the jumping jacks killed. My new sports bra comes tomorrow and I anticipate starting up again Wed or Thursday.

Good luck. I'm sure you will do great!

~S
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Today will be Day 6 for me of doing the 30 Day Shred and so far I love it! I just increased my hand weights from 5 to 8 lbs last night!

I don't care for Jillian Michaels but the workout is quick yet tough!

My 12 year old daughter has done 4 days of it with me.

It takes a day or two to get used to some of the moves but I'm sure you will like it.

As I told my daughter give it a try for 30 days what do you have to lose other than inches and weight!

Karen
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've done this two full times so far and am on my third way round. I love it! Be warned, you probably won't see a dramatic weight shift because you'll lose fat (inches) but you'll gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. So your body will be in better condition. You'll also find that weight loss is more effective afterwards because you have muscles to burn the fat.

These are my results from the first time round:
    30DayShred-1st-Time.jpg

And the second time round:
    30DayShred-2nd-Time.jpg

I don't have before and after pictures but I will do when I finish this third time round because I've taken a before photo.
  • Helinah26
    Options
    thanks ladies im looking forward to trying it :)
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Helinah - So when are you going to start? :smile:

Karen
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just started this 2 days ago, but I love it so far! I hope I can manage level 2 as well as level 1. I make it thru most of the cardio now, but sometimes those jumpropes and butt kicks kill me! I measured myself before starting and will do so each week to see if I am making progress. I hope this works for me & then I plan to get another Jillian DVD because she is tough but I can manage the workouts. I usually turn her down though and listen to some upbeat workout music to keep me motivated. Good luck with your journey!
  • Helinah26
    Options
    thanks txchic_73! :) and Karen I ordered it on netflix last night so i guess whenever it comes in the mail is when ill start lol :)
  • jessie819
    Options
    thanks txchic_73! :) and Karen I ordered it on netflix last night so i guess whenever it comes in the mail is when ill start lol :)

I'm starting it tomorrow! Good luck!
  • Helinah26
    Options
    started it today and damn my thighs are sore!! lol ! results i hope!! lol :)
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Helinah - That is awesome you have started! Hang in there chica, the first few workouts leave you sore but it gets better. Tonight will be Day 8 on Level I for me and I am seeing a difference in my body already.

Treat yourself to a nice soak in a hot bath to soothe the muscle soreness.

Karen
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Today will be my day 4 on level 1. I will have to see how I feel tomorrow, but so far the soreness has not been unbearable. I actually enjoy the workouts(but I play my own music to it to keep me motivated). I need a few more days on level 1 and then want to try level 2. If it is too hard then I will move back to level 1 for a few more days and then try again. Hope it works for all of you as well as myself! I am ready to start to see some changes!:laugh:
  • Peejay13
    Options
    About to do day 3 level one and was pretty sore last night! Am I Aline min LOVING that? Let's me know it's working lo,!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Im on day 5 level one.
    Day 1, I felt great, then I woke up in agony on day 2! I pushed through the aches to complete days 2 and 3, and boy did I find day 3 hard going. But I woke up on day 4 feeling fantastic! The aches had gone and I felt fighting fit! I could't wait to do my day 4 shred! Today I'm super excited to shred again this evening, and even in such a short space of time I think I'm already begining to see chanes to my thighs and stomach. Not so much than anyone else would notice, but my thighs are definitely less wobbly! I LOVE this dvd!

Good luck, and srick with it for the first few days, they are the hardest.
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've done this two full times so far and am on my third way round. I love it! Be warned, you probably won't see a dramatic weight shift because you'll lose fat (inches) but you'll gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. So your body will be in better condition. You'll also find that weight loss is more effective afterwards because you have muscles to burn the fat.

These are my results from the first time round:
    30DayShred-1st-Time.jpg

And the second time round:
    30DayShred-2nd-Time.jpg

I don't have before and after pictures but I will do when I finish this third time round because I've taken a before photo.

I'm curious about your excel sheet. Would it be possible for you to send me the template?