Do Protein Shakes/Powders have a vitamine smell to them?

Options
2BeHappy2
2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
I was just curious if protein powders/shakes have any kind of smell to them that might make it hard(er) for someone to get interested in using them?
What about taste/texture?
Are some better than others?
Thanks!

Replies

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Is there a taste difference between a shake and powder?
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I started off with premier protein shakes, ready made and had to chug a lug it down. I gradually got used to the taste and now even like them.
    I have just bought powder and have yet to try it but I am assuming it has the same taste. Making the shake in a blender should help with any texture issues.

My unprofessional opinion...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Your questions don't make a lot of sense. What is a "vitamine smell", exactly? What about a smell would make anyone NOT interested in them? Are you talking about taste? What do you mean "between a shake and a powder"? They are almost ALL powders. Then you add water or milk, and they become shakes, sooo not sure what is meant by THAT...

Taste and texture will vary. Some are crap, some are really good. I but Trutein, in vanilla, chocolate truffle, and chocolate peanut butter cup flavors. They are very good, and very good quality.

I hope that is what you are asking, and I that I satisfactorily answered.
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mine taste like chocolate...it's delicious! Vega is the brand.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Mine smells like strawberry Yoghurt
    but it does all depend on what flavour you buy
  • lilredred1956
    lilredred1956 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the EAS protein powder. I just hate the fact that one scoop is 180 cals. I can eat more stuff for less cals.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Mine honestly smells (and tastes, ironically) like sugar cookies.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I use ARO chocolate whey protein isolate powder and I like the way it tastes/smells, also you can drink them out of a squeeze bottle so you don't smell it as much if you don't like the smell. I don't think it is vitaminy, I guess you mean like vitamin B complex type of smell? If so...no they don't.
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress vanilla whey protein powder. it's 170 calories per scoop but you get 30 grams of protein. On days that I don't work out I just blend it w/ a cup of unsweetened almond milk. Workout days I get crazy and add a cup of frozen fruit. I LOVE IT!

I haven't noticed a smell and only notice a gritty texture when I don't blend long enough.