I have skinny little legs!!

Options
DeeDeeMee
DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
This is just an observation really. I was always a large child, not necessarily overweight but just big for my age tallest in my class and all that. Consequently I always felt massive. I was also a fairly excitable child and jumped around a lot resulting in my parents referring to me as a baby elephant, which really really didn't help. They were referring to the way I made the old house shake and didn't mean any harm by it, but psychologically it was never going to be that simple from my point of view.

I started putting on weight when I was in my late teens/early twenties so ten years later and I'm only just starting to see my actual adult body shape for the first time which it turns out is not so huge. What I thought were psycho huge calf muscles now fit really well into any boots I want and below the knees especially they are not my legs! I can feel the side of my shin bone. Not just the top surface but the actual side. When I sit with my knees together there is a gap between by thighs through which I can see the floor. This is all a complete first for me.

Stats for everyone who is wondering:

321 days/about 10 1/2 months

27 Kilos (59 lbs) lost

2 Kilos from ultimate goal

Starting weight: 100 kilos (220 lbs)

Current weight: 73 kilos (160 lbs)

Now have knobbly bits on wrists, ankles, knees and elbows and have to have wedding rings resized. Never would've thunk it.

Replies

• traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That's great! :D All of your hard work has certainly paid off. You are inspiration to us all.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I read the topic, i thought this post would be someone complaining about having skinny legs and wanting to bulk them up, so it was great to read about your success. I am with you on the tall thing, i am always the tallest in any group of women, and when i am with a group of friends i always feel huge in comparison! Well done on your skinny legs tho ????
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Lol, the title does sound a bit like a complaint! Just wasn't thinking that way when I posted it. :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!