2 weeks til my holiday, phase out carbs or stay keto?

Options
chrispike7
chrispike7 Posts: 15 Member
Hi All

I have a question, there is a lot out there about how to get into ketosis but not much about getting out of it properly.

Im going on holiday in 2 weeks and don't want to suddenly blow up like a balloon, question is, should I stay keto until holiday and just treat myself to a few carbs when I'm on holiday, or is that unsafe?

Should I phase more carbs in gently from now til the holiday to prevent me from ballooning? Im currently on 25g carbs a day but had 50g yesterday as an experiment ad Im still very much in keto.

Ive been doing Keto for 4/5 weeks now, dropped 4% bf and have never done a reefed as I haven't felt the need and can still lift heavy in the gym.

Anyone had experience of suddenly switching back to moderate carbs?

Replies

• Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My only experience is on a personal level. I do not slowly add back in carbs, I went on vacation all last week and ate way to much, I "gained" 7lbs but I completely expect this to come off by the beginning of next week. For me it never seems to matter if I eat too many carbs in one day or one week, the bloat is evident, but it goes away once I buckle down and focus.

Have fun on your holiday!
  • chrispike7
    chrispike7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cheers......I will just enjoy myself out there then......I couldn't go a full holiday without a single beer or some carb based foods or I'd go insane!
  • staceybrnan
    Options
    It takes upwards of 100g of carbs to knock you out of ketosis. Go ahead and indulge only while on vacation but be wary that the carbs will do a toll on your body and you won't feel too great after indulging. Nothing wrong with treating yourself now and then though!!
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I can tell when I crossed the line by the roaring hungers.

Can't really be keto forever, if you like dessert. And if you aren't going to have dessert on vacation, then why go?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!