Replies

• staceyfeb2014
    staceyfeb2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    No exercise, set for sedentary. Tracking everything by just knowing the food name in MFP made the difference. Website and the mobile apps means I can diary anywhere. I tried counting up calories years ago and it was just too stupid-boring to do all the lookups.

But as I lost weight now exercise does become more appealing and easier, so I bike more.

Inspiration matters a lot - I read a couple diet books that rang true to me. Diabetes runs in my family, so I have that to think about.

But MFP impact on my weight loss was HUGE.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Initially I just ate to MFP's calorie goal (which doesn't include any estimate of exercise)...and then I became tired of trying to only eat 1800 or so calories per day so I started to exercise namely so I could eat more. I used to be very fit and active and involved in all manner of sports so when I started getting my fitness back it became much more about fitness with being able to eat more and accomplish the same goals simply being a bonus.

I highly recommend exercise for your overall health and well being. These days I simply can't imagine life without regular exercise an I feel more like 25 or 30 these days when in reality I'm pushing 40.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I started out at 1650 calories pre-exercise calories, dropped to 1500 as I lost, and am now trying to find my maintenance "sweet spot." I hike, do power yoga, walk, garden pretty intensely (we grow a good percentage of our food), and have recently gotten back into bellydance, so I'm active. Basically I do some form of exercise most days, but some days it's yoga for 20 minutes--great for overall mental and physical health, not so much for calorie burning--and some days I'm hiking for a few hours and then coming home to spend a few hours in the garden. It took me from late December until last week to reach my goal, but since I didn't have a lot to lose, I was aiming for slow, steady and sustainable.

Not sure this is helpful in any way, but there you go--my experience.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    In order to lose weight, you have to be in a calorie deficit. When you exercise it can help build the deficit but 2 things are true: You will never outrun a bad diet and exercise is more for health. There are over 4 million people on this site and each one has a different body than you do. Rather than trying to copy someone's plan - make your own.

Read these links and work on understanding how you should make this happen for YOU:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

^^This. Calorie deficit will cause the weight loss. If you want other health benefits (and look even better), then exercise, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!