FitBit

Options
2»

Replies

• princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes and Yes!

I am the laziest person I know! I am the best at procrastinating! Then I got the Fitbit One and it held me accountable for my daily activities!

There are many other things that factor into my weight loss but the 2 biggest are MFP for food awareness and the Fitbit for movement!

I just hit 2000 miles total in a year and a half! I got them for my whole family. It has become a fun competition to see who is at the top of the list every day! My 8 yr old will go run up and down the driveway just to get more steps or stairs! lol

:drinker:
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Like others have said -- it depends what you are using it for. I wear my FitBit everyday to track my steps. I don't use it to track my sleeping, although it has that capability. I also have a Polar FT4 HRM which I use to track calories burned for all of the exercises I do. FitBit won't work if you cycle because it can't count your steps. The FitBit comes in handy on my rest days -- I make sure to get a certain amount of steps since I won't be going to the gym. And I like that it syncs to MFP.
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit! I knew I wasn't very active but until I started using a FitBit I had no idea how bad it really was. The first week I wore it I was barely hitting 4000 steps per day and would be winded just walking from my desk to the parking lot. Now I refuse to end my day until I hit at least 10,000 (12,000 is my average) and I've even started running.

MFP + FitBit = Accomplishment!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    They have pretty good customer service.

However, after having lost two zips and having my Force falling apart after a few months + causing me a rash, I'm no longer interested in owning a fitbit.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes. Get the flex.
  • dfisher34
    dfisher34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a fit flex and LOVE it! It helps keep you moving,tracks your sleep patterns and it syncs well with fitness pal. You will love it!!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well, the fact I spent $100 on mine helps with my motivation. It wasn't a cheep $5 pedometer that I picked up at Wally World or something and as such I am going to get my money's worth out of this thing.

I have only had mine a couple of days, but so far I love it. My favorite feature, the sleep tracking. I knew that I wasn't a solid sleeper, but it is becoming more and more apparent. I hope that after a few weeks I will be able to find a pattern and be able to work towards sleeping better as I find being tired is a huge hurdle for me to get past.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I love my Flex. It died on me about 2 weeks ago and FitBit is sending me a replacement for free. Excellent customer service by the way.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Does anyones fitbit one have problems syncing with myfittnesspal? I have to go back everyday and re add the app on here so that it will since and update my calories properly. Anything I can do about it? I call fitbit and they said its a problem on myfitnesspals part
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Does anyones fitbit one have problems syncing with myfittnesspal? I have to go back everyday and re add the app on here so that it will since and update my calories properly. Anything I can do about it? I call fitbit and they said its a problem on myfitnesspals part

By the way I LOVE my fitbit one. I wear it 24/7
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have one, I wouldn't have managed to do what I've done. It's as simple as that so to me, it's worth every penny.
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have one, I wouldn't have managed to do what I've done. It's as simple as that so to me, it's worth every penny.

Same here. Also without it I wouldn't have been able to do as well at maintenance either.
  • mistyholly2003
    mistyholly2003 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think I will invest in a FitBit Flex after my next payday - I'm lazy and I hope that this will help motivate me!
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good choice - I love mine. It definitely helps to keep more active most days. I still have my lazier days - but as it tells me how much I have burned that day I know how much less I can eat than usual (I've found the calories burned bit is pretty accurate for me).

Hope you enjoy owning one as much of the rest of us do!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    It is the single best motivator that I have. I love mine, and will never be with out one.

I could care less about the calories burned figures. I use mine strictly to get me moving more and for that alone it is worth it to me.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have owned a slew of pedometers over the years, along with the BodyMedia system. My favorite? my Fitbit! I recently bought the fitbit Tracker for my husband, (Amazon $50). He is now a convert and wears it daily.

But---for me it is basically to count my steps, I don't need it to track my sleep patterns, or tell me how many calories I have burned.

I love my Fitbit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!