step counters-Rant

Options
1235»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I do kettlebell swings with a 35 pound child. Is that less strength training than if I used metal?

Is it a muscular 35 pound kid, or a fat 35 pound kid? We all know muscle weighs more than fat, so that might make a difference right thar.

you don't know anything- everyone whose anyone on the internet knows kids are only useful for squatting and deadlfiting.

But if for whatever hypothetical reason you're KB swinging the kid- it depends on if it's an ALIVE dead or fat kid. because we know live weight weighs less than dead weight.
    So if it's a muscular alive kid- it weighs less than the fat dead kid.

Edit- also take into consideration- the fat 35 pound kid - weighs less if he was eating clean.
    Muscular 35 pound kid was doing a dirty bulk- therefor weighs even MORE.

I totally want you right now...and beer.
    giggity
    Someone said beer???? YES!!! I'm all in. but no kids- can we skip the kids??

Or a boy band.
    probably- that sounds more accurate- I defer to your wisdom.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I do kettlebell swings with a 35 pound child. Is that less strength training than if I used metal?

Is it a muscular 35 pound kid, or a fat 35 pound kid? We all know muscle weighs more than fat, so that might make a difference right thar.

you don't know anything- everyone whose anyone on the internet knows kids are only useful for squatting and deadlfiting.

But if for whatever hypothetical reason you're KB swinging the kid- it depends on if it's an ALIVE dead or fat kid. because we know live weight weighs less than dead weight.
    So if it's a muscular alive kid- it weighs less than the fat dead kid.

Edit- also take into consideration- the fat 35 pound kid - weighs less if he was eating clean.
    Muscular 35 pound kid was doing a dirty bulk- therefor weighs even MORE.

I totally want you right now...and beer.
    giggity
    Someone said beer???? YES!!! I'm all in. but no kids- can we skip the kids??

Or a boy band.
    probably- that sounds more accurate- I defer to your wisdom.

Yeah. Me and the kids totally get ditched every time.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I teach at a large campus, and one year, I taught 3 days a week on both the north and south side of the campus. I was logging so many miles that I never had to do any cardio. That fall, I did no cardio at the gym, only yoga and strength training. I didn't gain any weight. It was kind of nice because I could focus on my strength routine and be in and out of the gym in no time. I was probably about 2 lbs. down from what I am now.