Am I going to make it?

Options
sloseph
sloseph Posts: 157 Member
i'm nearing the end of the C25k program and I've just been looking at the distances I've been running over my last few runs

i really suck at working out pace and how far i'll travel and stuff so i was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion, do you think i'll reach 5k in 4 runs time? I've copied my rundouble table of last few results so you can see how i'm improving

Run Completed Distance Time
C25K Week 8 Day 2 Jul 7, 17:02 4.37 km 28:00
C25K Week 8 Day 1 Jul 4, 17:36 4.32 km 28:00
C25K Week 7 Day 3 Jul 2, 18:04 4.03 km 25:38
C25K Week 7 Day 2 Jun 25, 18:06 3.78 km 25:00
C25K Week 7 Day 1 Jun 23, 17:13 3.78 km 25:00

Replies

• hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    You added 0.59 km over your last 4 runs, so your next 4 should put you right about 5km and 31 minutes. Awesome job!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You've been improving and that's all that matters, increase your times / distances at a rate at which you feel comfortable but challenged (just because the program say you'll be running 5k in x weeks doesn't mean that the deadline / goal is carved in stone)

Keep plugging away at it, consistency is your friend.
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Your progress looks fine. If you find you are struggling to finish you might slow your pace up a bit, not too much, since you are so close to your goal, and push through that last .75K. But if you feel strong when you are done with your 4.37K run, just push through. You've got this!
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Your results are great but honestly it doesn't matter if you don't reach the 5K at the end of your programme. I didn't, it took me 38 mins to run my first 5k (and the programme I did gave you 35 mins to do it while I know a lot of them are 30 mins). I only recently got under 35 mins for a 5k but I have increased my mileage a lot and am running a 10k next Friday.

Good luck and keep at it!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Aw yeah, you're good to go!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You've been improving and that's all that matters, increase your times / distances at a rate at which you feel comfortable but challenged (just because the program say you'll be running 5k in x weeks doesn't mean that the deadline / goal is carved in stone)

Keep plugging away at it, consistency is your friend.

+1 !!
    Good job so far! I got addicted to running with C25K. It works :)
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    cracking thanks guys. yeah i haven't got any worries if i don't manage to reach 5k, my goal is to run for 30 minuets without stopping, it doesn't matter how far i get, but it's definitely a bonus if i manage to make it to a full 5K