off meds

Options
I'm finally off of the medication that my doctor was certain was causing me to gain weight. I feel better, but still struggle with my emotions at times...the med was an anti depressant. I should be feeling excited that I've conquered one of my obstacles, but it seems like life just keeps piling stuff on me. Now I feel like there arn't enough hours in the day to do everything I need to, especially exercise like I used to. Any extra support would be amazing. Seeing the scale, then looking at my daily schedule is so discouraging... there are times that I just want to say screw it and give up.

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    While not idea, even 5 minutes walk down a hall at a fast pace adds up during the day! Keep up the good work! Getting off meds is a HUGE Accomplishment! Exercising doesn't mean you have to do something set in stone. I am an advocate of just moving (I would call it dancing but looks really silly) to my IPOD! I burn lots of calories! Keep the faith and do what you just did! Keep MFP in the loop! WTG! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    One thing that might help is to remember that exercise is a natural mood booster. It won't fix everything and I know that feeling overwhelmed really sucks but you can get through it. There are not enough hours in the day. Just accept that. Take some time to reprioritize your day to make room for the most important things. I never in a zillion years thought I could be a morning workout person but I have made it happen a few times a week in order to meet my priorities. The scheduling can take some fanagaling but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!