Missed Dinner

Options
spennato
spennato Posts: 360 Member
Sometimes because of my schedule I miss dinner, is it better to skip dinner or eat super late?

2544982.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Eat super late. If you skip dinner and than go to bed and don't eat untill breakfast, your body starts fasting and your metabolism will start slowing down. My husband ends up working late and missing dinner with us because of meetings and such a couple times a month, so I make sure to pack him some fruit and a sandwich that he can eat on his drive home, just so he has something in his belly.
  • LuvChocLabs
    Options
    That's a really good question - happens to me sometimes, too. I don't really have the answer, though. Hoping some experts will offer advice. My gut tells me that it's not a good idea to skip ANY meals - so if that's true, what can you eat late that won't sabotage your weight loss efforts?
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I would say to eat supper late (if it's not right before bed) because without eating anything your glycemic index will plummet overnight and you wake up ravenous or at least I do and that sets off the day for me. Even if it's close to bed try a bowl of shredded wheat(some whole grain cereal) and a cup of fruit. I have that sometimes as my night time metabolic snack to set myself up for the next day. Good luck!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    a calorie is a calorie no matter what time of night! I say eat just not real heavy foods!
  • sp33
    sp33 Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree with the above posts, eat late, just make wise choices. more leafy greens, veggies and such, smaller amounts of proteins and make sure your carbs are whole grains, if any.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Eat late. Skipping meals is bad! Especially dinner since you aren't eating over night.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Eat something. It doesn't have to be a heavy meal. But protein is good before bed. Have it with a salad or a vegetable.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    I say if you're not hungry, don't eat it. Your body won't go into starvation mode until you haven't eaten for 72 hours.
    Personally, I hate eating right before bed. it's hard to go to sleep :/
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would say eat something but not a big meal. You need the calories and the waking up hungry is never fun.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Missed Dinner? Just have a little something. I do that one myself. Cottage cheese and pineapple works well for me. Sometimes I go with veggies and hummus or yogurt and a rye-krisp. If I go to bed hungry I have a bad habit of "sleep-eating" , weird but true. I don't know if I am really asleep or not, but have woken up with stuff missing from the fridge and I don't remember eating it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!