Good stuff today!!!! :)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
My friend of 9 years is having a c-section today for her 2nd baby, which she found out is another boy. I am just so happy for her whole family! I know c-sections are very common and safe but if you have a spare prayer, it can't hurt! Her surgery is at 9:30 Eastern Time.

I have SO many pregnant friends, it's crazy! My friend of 11 years is having her 3rd in July! And another is having one in September and another in October.

The force is strong with me these days!! (The "force" meaning the urge to want to have another baby, hahahaha!). I had a c-section with my last one and will most likely have to have another. It's a weird surgery. I mean, they have to basically take your intestines, etc, move them to the side, get the baby out and move everything back. It's just strange and sort of funny to know my guts have seen air!!!! LOL!! :laugh:

I'm going to see her later today and meet the new addition (if she is doing ok), and tomorrow I am bringing her sushi for lunch, which she has been wanting for months!!!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    My friend of 9 years is having a c-section today for her 2nd baby, which she found out is another boy. I am just so happy for her whole family! I know c-sections are very common and safe but if you have a spare prayer, it can't hurt! Her surgery is at 9:30 Eastern Time.

I have SO many pregnant friends, it's crazy! My friend of 11 years is having her 3rd in July! And another is having one in September and another in October.

The force is strong with me these days!! (The "force" meaning the urge to want to have another baby, hahahaha!). I had a c-section with my last one and will most likely have to have another. It's a weird surgery. I mean, they have to basically take your intestines, etc, move them to the side, get the baby out and move everything back. It's just strange and sort of funny to know my guts have seen air!!!! LOL!! :laugh:

I'm going to see her later today and meet the new addition (if she is doing ok), and tomorrow I am bringing her sushi for lunch, which she has been wanting for months!!!!
  • opatt23
    opatt23 Posts: 90
    Options
    That's so great! Lots of love and prayers go out that way....ask her to send some baby making mojo my way...

:drinker:
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I too had a c-section with my five year old. The whole surgery is very odd. Mine was under an emergency situation so I got to be put to sleep for the surgery, I was glad because the thought of being awake while they do that was FREAKING me out! I will say a little prayer for your friend. Oh i just love babies.....

:glasses:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I too had a c-section with my five year old. The whole surgery is very odd. Mine was under an emergency situation so I got to be put to sleep for the surgery, I was glad because the thought of being awake while they do that was FREAKING me out! I will say a little prayer for your friend. Oh i just love babies.....

:glasses:

It is strange to lay there, completely awake, while it's happening. I was having conversations with my husband and anesthesiologist. You feel pulling and tugging and after awhile they have to press on you to get the baby to push out! !LOL! Then they go "he's here!".

Mine was just because I was 5 days late, and after 12 hours of induction, I went from 2 to 3 cm!! LOL! My son was nice and comfy and did not want to come out! So, at 8:17 PM, he came out via c-section. They said it was a good thing because he had broad shoulders and a big head and may have had problems. So, God had a plan there for sure!!

I'm so happy everything turned out ok for you!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    atleast your husband didn't stand on the other side saying wow you know your insides are purple....COOL..... lol

It was a weird surgery for me, but honestly HELL to recover.

I am happy with my lil munchkin. I am done
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    atleast your husband didn't stand on the other side saying wow you know your insides are purple....COOL..... lol

It was a weird surgery for me, but honestly HELL to recover.

I am happy with my lil munchkin. I am done

That is what my husband did!! I had to keep reminding him to go and get pictures of my son being cleaned and wrapped and weighed! He couldn't tear himself away from the blood and guts!!! :noway:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Heya Tam!

What an awesome bunch of news. I'll definately keep her in my prayers for the day. Make sure you keep us updated.

As for the C-section talk, I hate to admit it, but I am probably one of those guys that would be like, 'COOL!!!'. The medical stuff was always my favorite stuff to do as a LEO. If we had a call with blood I was like 'SWEET!!!' and rushed over there. Pretty weird I know, I should have went ahead and became a medic.

Anyhoo. :wink: :happy:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    How exciting!!! Tell her and her family CONGRATS!!! I hope all goes/went well! Your friend will be in my prayers as well!:flowerforyou:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with her and her family. There should be a new addition by my clock now. Congrats to your friend. I was blessed with seeing my nephew come due to a c-sect. I sat and held my sis's hand until he popped out. Totally forgot she was there :noway: when I laid my eyes on Chris. What an incredible experience it was. After they took him away I did get back to the big sis stuff :ohwell: and talked to my sis. Poor mistreated girl.:wink: Many happy wishes. :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thank you all!!!

Poor thing! Her c-section was pushed back. Last I heard, she was going in around 1:30 EST. I hope she get's to meet her new son soon!!!

*Drumming Fingers*
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh man!!! well I'm not too late to add my prayers and best wishes then!!!

hugs and sending :heart: your way!!!
    Ali

can't wait to hear all about the new pumpkin' in town! lol:heart:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Well, she was finally able to have her baby a little after 1:30!! 6 lbs 13 ounces!! Baby Brennan is here and everyone is safe and sound. I am not going to go see her today though since she was delayed. I think she needs to chill tonight....but I am on sushi duty tomorrow!! :laugh: